AIROC™ CYW20820 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE system on chip
The AIROC™ CYW20820 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE SoC is a Bluetooth® 5.2 core spec compliant device for IoT applications. Manufactured using the industry's advanced 40 nm CMOS low-power process, the CYW20820 is a highly integrated device which delivers up to 11.5 dBm transmit output power in LE and BR modes and up to 2.5 dBm in EDR mode, reducing the device footprint and the costs associated with implementing Bluetooth® solutions.
The AIROC™ CYW20820 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE SoC is designed to support a wide spectrum of Bluetooth® use cases for home automation, sensors (medical, home, security, and industrial), lighting, Bluetooth® Mesh, or any Bluetooth® connected IoT application.
AIROC™ CYW20820 Modules
Infineon's AIROC™ CYW20820 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE modules are fully integrated with onboard crystal oscillator, passive components, flash memory, and the CYW20820 system on chip. These highly integrated modules are also globally certified to support fast time-to-market. The AIROC™ CYBT-243053-02, CYBT-253059-02 , CYBT-243068-02 are supported by the AIROC™ Bluetooth® SDK in ModusToolbox™ software and tools with code examples to support rapid development of embedded Bluetooth® LE applications.
- Powerful Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with a maximum speed of 96 MHz
- Bluetooth® stack in ROM allowing standalone operation without any external MCU
- 256-KB on-chip flash
- 176-KB on-chip RAM
- 1 MB on-chip ROM
- Bluetooth® stack, peripheral drivers, security functions built into ROM allowing application to efficiently use on-chip flash
- AES-128 and True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- Security functions in ROM including ECDSA signature verification
- Over-the-air (OTA) firmware updates
- Complies with Bluetooth® core specification version 5.2
- Includes support for BR, EDR 2 Mbps and 3 Mbps, eSCO, Bluetooth LE, and LE 2 Mbps.
- 5 dBM Tx output power (LE), 11.5 dBM Tx output power (BR), 2.5 dBM Tx output power (EDR)
- Excellent receiver sensitivity (-94.5 dBm for Bluetooth LE 1 Mbps)
- Up to 22 GPIOs
- I²C, UART, and PCM interfaces
- Two Quad-SPI interfaces
- Auxiliary ADC with up to 28 analog channels
- Programmable key scan 20 x 8 matrix
- Three-axis quadrature signal decoder
- General-purpose timers and PWM
- Real-time clock (RTC) and watchdog timers (WDT)
The Bluetooth SDK contains everything you need to build applications following dual-mode (BR + EDR + LE). The Bluetooth SDK along with the ModusToolbox® IDE and Bluetooth configurator tools form a powerful but easy to use toolset that helps you create amazing Bluetooth-enabled IoT solutions such as beacons, trackers, smart watches, audio devices (headsets and speaker), HID device (remotes, mice, and keyboards) medical devices, and home automation platforms.