Hybrid flyback controller for ultrahigh power density designs
The XDP™ digital power XDPS2201 is a multi-mode, digitally configurable hybrid flyback controller that combines the simplicity of a traditional flyback topology with the performance of a resonant converter. By utilizing two high-voltage MOSFETs, such as CoolMOSTM, the hybrid flyback XDPS2201 is able to drive both high- and low-side MOSFETs in an asymmetric half-bridge flyback topology. ZVS (zero voltage switching) on primary side and ZCS (zero current switching) on the secondary side are achieved through the means of regulating both positive and negative magnetizing current to increase efficiency. In addition, transformer leakage energy is recycled, thereby further increases efficiency.
The XDPS2201 comes highly integrated with a 600 V start-up cell and an integrated high-side driver for ease of design and BOM cost reduction. A comprehensive suite of protection features including brown-in and -out, dual-level overcurrent, output over-voltage, output under-voltage and overtemperature via an external NTC to increase system robustness.
- Supporting wide AC line input voltage range
- Low switching losses with zero voltage and current switching across all AC line input and load conditions
- High efficiency with multi-mode operation (active burst mode, DCM, ZV-RVS and CRM)
- Integrated high-side driver
- Snubberless design
- Single auxiliary transformer winding and resonant cap output to support wide output voltage range
- High efficiency of >93% and low standby power to meet international efficiency regulatory standards
- Ultrahigh power density
- Low BOM cost and count with highly integrated controller
- Simplified transformer design to support wide output voltage range
- Ease of configurable design with GUI tools