Solutions for solar energy systems
Leading products for complete solar power solution
Infineon provides a comprehensive portfolio to deliver the best efficiency and reliability for solar applications. Infineon’s leading edge technology like Superjunction MOSFET, Trench + Fieldstop IGBT, Coreless transformer driver, etc, combined with rich experience and highest quality, ensured our No.1 position in solar application. The newest add ARM® Cortex™-M4 based MCU enables easy and high efficiency design.
Solar power conversion has three distinctive requirements:
- System cost down: Inverters manufacturers will continuously optimize the price per output power on system level.
- System efficiency: Efficiency is key for return of investment.
- Reliability: 5+years lifetime for string inverters and 25 years for micro inverter and optimizer.
Infineon addresses above solar requirements with the best semiconductor solutions.
System cost down
- Increasing switching frequency enables cost reduction on magnetic, housing, cooling, etc.
- Infineon next generation CoolMOS™ C7 and TRENCHSTOP™ 5 IGBT with very low switching losses, enable higher switching frequencies.
- CoolMOS™ P6 and TRENCHSTOP™ 5 offer superior price performance balance.
- CoolMOS™ C7 offers industry highest efficiency at hard switching, CoolMOS™ CFD2 and upcoming Infineon CoolMOS™ P6 offer optimized efficiency across whole load for soft switching.
- Infineon New OptiMOS™ has the lowest R DS(on) if the same packages will be compared, 50% less gate charge than competitor and offers the highest efficiency across the whole load condition.
- Infineon has long industry experience in Si & SiC devices and power module production with highest reliability record
- Driver ICs and boards (EiceDRIVER™) with coreless transformer technology offers isolation safety and stable life time performance
- Infineon PressFIT mounting technology for highest contact reliability
Let’s learn more about how solar inverters work, from the ones we have in our houses, to the ones that are applied in major factories. We will also see how Infineon innovates in power semiconductors for solar inverter technology and how that can help with reducing costs and time to market.