PWM-FF (fixed frequency) Flyback ICs
Infineon latest 5th generation fixed frequency flyback PWM controller available in both 100Khz and 125Khz switching frequency offers high integration of performance and protection features.
To further enhance the efficiency performance, frequency reduction operation have been implemented to achieve higher efficiency with lower switching frequency at mid and light load condition. In addition, for low AC line input operation, CCM (continuous current mode) operation have been implemented to achieve lower conduction losses thereby achieving a higher efficiency to meet international regulatory standards.
To further reduce BOM count and cost of an non-isolated flyback design, an integrated error amplifier is integrated to allow a direct feedback from the primary output with minimal components and complexity.
To minimize interruption to system operation, all protection modes are implemented with auto-resume to enhance user experience. 5th generation fixed frequency PWM controller ICE5xSAG is targeted for SMPS applications such as auxiliary power supply for home appliances (e.g. washing machines, refrigerators and air-condition), set-top-box, LCD/LED monitor and general purpose power supply up to a maximum output power of 60W.
Key features of 5th generation fixed frequency flyback PWM controller:
>Click to learn more
Key features of 5th generation fixed frequency flyback PWM controller
- 100kHz and 125kHz maximum switching frequency
- Brown in protection, fast and robust start-up operation with cascode configuration
- 3 level selectable entry/exit active burst mode profile (able to disable)
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Cycle by cycle peak current limitation
- Support both DCM and CCM operation with slope compensation
- Integrated error amplifier to support direct feedback typical with non-isolated flyback topology
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load for higher efficiency
- Adjustable line input over voltage protection (able to disable)
- VCC and CS pin short to ground protection
- OLP, output short, OTP with hysteresis and VCC over/under voltage protection
- Auto-restart for all protection features