EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C & PD
Infineon's USB Type-C power delivery solution for adapters and chargers
The EZ-PD™ CCG3PA is a single-chip USB Type-C power delivery (PD) controller and is ideal for applications such as power adapters, mobile chargers, power banks, and CLA chargers. It integrates a USB-C transceiver along with the termination resistors, an integrated feedback control circuitry for voltage (VBUS regulation), a 30 V-tolerant regulator, VBUS to CC short protection, a high-voltage PFET gate driver and system-level ESD protection.
EZ-PD™ CCG3PA is a fully programmable solution with 64 KB Flash, that supports Power Delivery 3.0 Programmable Power Supply and Quick Charge 4.0 standards. It supports Downstream Facing Port (DFP), Upstream Facing Port (UFP), and Dual Role Port (DRP) and fully supports the power delivery 3.0 programmable power supply specification.
Infineon has USB-C and power delivery reference designs readily available online for various applications which can be used to speed up the design cycle.
- Supports one USB type-C port and one type-A port
- Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 PPS
- Supports the legacy protocols including Qualcomm QC4.0, Apple charging 2.4 A, AFC, BC 1.2 at no additional BOM cost
- Programmable USB-C controller offering the flexibility to implement custom features and upgrade the firmware on the field
- Integrates voltage regulation and current sense amplifier
- Integrates 30 V-tolerant regulator
- On-chip OVP, OCP, UVP, SCP, and VBUS to CC short protection
- Integrates a PFET VBUS gate driver
- Integrated system-level ESD on VBUS, CC, and DP/DM
- Packages: 24-pin QFN and 16-pin SOIC
- Supports extended industrial temperature range (-40 °C to +105 °C)
- Shorter time-to-market and reduced design efforts thanks to the ready-to-use reference designs
- Programmability for higher flexibility and shorter time to market
- Supports custom protocol and upgrades