EZ-PD™ PMG1-S3 in dual-port 2450 tray packing
Infineon’s EZ-PD™ PMG1-S3 CYPM1322-97BZXI is the dual port, tray packing type product of the PMG1-S3 family of high-voltage microcontrollers. It is targeted to devices, docks, and accessory applications.
Its Cortex®-M0+ is a 32-bit MCU that is optimized for low-power operation with extensive clock gating. The CPU sub-system also includes a 16-channel DMA/Datawire block and a serial wire debug (SWD) interface, which is a two-wire form of JTAG. The debug configuration used for PMG1-S3 has four break-point (address) comparators and two watchpoint (data) comparators.
EZ-PD™ PMG1-S3 includes an integrated load switch controller with the following functions: overvoltage and undervoltage protection on VBUS, over current, short-circuit current and reverse current fault detection comparators for VBUS, VBUS discharge, and flexible gate drivers for VBUS NFETs. It comes with up to eight TCPWMs that can be used as internal timers by firmware or for providing PWM-based functions on the GPIOs. It also comes with eight SCB blocks that can be configured for I2C, SPI, or UART. These blocks implement full multi-master and slave I2C interfaces capable of multi-master arbitration. I2C is compatible with the standard Philips I2C specification V3.0.
The EZ-PD™ PMG1-S3 CYPM1322 has 50 GPIOs including the SCB and SWD pins which can also be used as GPIOs. All the GPIOs reside in a separate I/O power domain called VDDIO (with exception of SBU GPIO). The separate I/O power domain provides flexible system-level interfacing. GPIOs connected to SBU (connector side) are on the VDDD domain and not on the VDDIO domain.
CAPSENSE™ is supported on 16 pins via a CAPSENSE™ sigma-delta (CSD) block, which can be connected to any pin via the analog mux buses that any GPIO pin can be connected to. Its function can thus be provided on any pin or group of pins in a system under software control.
The EZ-PD™ PMG1 family has a rich set of documentation, development tools, and online resources to assist system designers during their development process. ModusToolbox™ with PMG1 SDK, along with the CY7113 kit and its quick start guide, make firmware development and testing simple and easy, sharply reducing development time and time to market.
- USB-C support and USB PD support
- Programmable 32-bit Arm® Cortex® M0+ MCU subsystem with 256 KB Flash, 32KB SRAM
- Legacy charging block for BC1.2 and Apple charge support
- Integrated USB full-speed device controller
- Integration of high voltage 28 V VBUS regulator, protection circuits for OVP, UVP,OCP and RCP
- Hardware crypto block for authentication
- NFET gate drivers
- Flexible GPIOs that can operate from 1.71 V to 5.5 V
- Integrated CAPSENSETM controller
- Integrated digital blocks configurable as I2C, SPI or UART
- Integrated current sense block
- Two 8-bit ADC blocks, one 12-bit ADC block, two op-amps and two LP comparators
- 48-QFN package and 97-BGA package
- 50 GPIOs and 26 I/O pins
- 8 serial communication blocks
- 2 type-c ports
- Packing type: tray