Automotive PSoC™ 4: 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 MCU
Automotive PSoC™ 4: 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 MCU subcategoriesCollapse all subcategories Expand all subcategories
Automotive PSoC™ 4 is a scalable and reconfigurable platform architecture for a family of programmable embedded system controllers with an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ CPU while being AEC-Q100 compliant.
The family combines programmable and reconfigurable analog and digital blocks with flexible automatic routing. It is a combination of a microcontroller with standard communication and timing peripherals, a capacitive touch-sensing system (CapSense) with best-in-class performance, programmable general-purpose continuous-time, and switched-capacitor analog blocks, and programmable connectivity.
Automotive PSoC™ 4 portfolio overview
Automotive PSoC™ 4 integrates Infineon best-in-class capacitive sensing technology for demanding Human Machine Interface (HMI) applications in the automotive interior as well as exterior applications like Battery Management Systems(BMS) along with an ARM Cortex-M0/M0+ CPU, flash and memory. A programmable analog front-end with ADC, operational amplifiers, low-power comparators combined with digital blocks, and various communication interfaces such as SENT, LIN, CAN, and CAN FD provide a single-chip smart sensor with high integration and small footprint. An extended development ecosystem has been built around Automotive PSoC™ including multiple software compatibility and the famous PSoC™ Creator software, easy-to-use IDE that introduces a game-changing schematic entry design methodology.
Maximum Memory and I/O Integration –
- Up-to 384 KB Flash & 32 KB SRAM
- Up-to 84 pins of analog and digital GPIO available
Dual MSC CAPSENSETM Blocks
- Support multiple data collection methods from touch to
- resistive or current sensors.
New variety of on-chip peripherals –
- CAN, CAN-FD
- TX I2S
- Fast I2C
- Segment LCD
- TCPWM x8
- SCB x5
Modern, Flexible ModusToolboxTM software
- for developing embedded applications, ready to use codeexamples, development kits
- Low power compute & integration, optimized right from the hardware level
- Differentiated Touch HMI features in MCU
- Integrate differentiated analog capabilities to support resistive and current sensing.
- Highspeed communications from Fast I2C or CAN-FD
- Dedicated cryptography block for fast cryptographic functions
- Easy to use software for prototyping and productizing end applications
PSoC™ Creator is an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) that enables concurrent hardware and firmware editing, compiling and debugging of PSoC™ and FM0+ systems. Applications are created using schematic capture and over 150 pre-verified, production-ready peripheral Components.
Comprehensive: it has the resources you need
Flexible: you can use the resource in your own workflow
Atomic: you can get just the resources you want
Infineon provides a large collection of code repositories on GitHub. This includes:
- Board Support Packages (BSPs) aligned with Infineon kits
- Low-level resources, including a hardware abstraction layer (HAL) and peripheral driver library (PDL)
- Middleware enabling industry-leading
- features such as CAPSENSE
Access to additional technical documentation:
By registering for myInfineon Collaboration Platform you can get access to additional add-on technical documentation, training, tools, and much more. Please follow these steps in order to get started: