HVAC control module
Wide range of products with the exact specifications and functions for HVAC control module applications that combine high performance with high precision.
For HVAC control module applications to function seamlessly you need solutions precisely tailored to flap and blower control needs. For instance, dedicated multi half-bridge devices for flap motor control with potentiometer feedback or an embedded bridge driver IC with a current controlled output stage, flexible charge- and discharge current settings and several diagnostic functions to optimize your blower control. Additionally, semi and fully automatic HVAC systems integrate a system/user-interface and graphical display as well as temperature and humidity sensing.
Infineon offers a wide range of products with the exact specifications and functions required to make your HVAC control module application a success. From our high-performance, scalable microcontroller families with industry leading CapSense® technology to create a sleek user interface, to our 32-bit Embedded Power ICs for high precise half- or full-bridge DC and BLDC motor control applications.
HVAC control module system diagram
System offering of Infineon includes:
- High-performant, scalable 32-bit microcontrollers (Traveo™ II ) for various HVAC control strategies
- Integrated 32-bit Embedded Power ICs or low-ohmic-protected half-bridge ICs (NovalithIC™) for half-or full-bridge DC and BLDC blower motor control
- 32-bit CapSense Microcontroller (PSoC® 4) for sleek HMI design
- Dedicated multi half-bridge devices for flap motor control with potentiometer feedback
- A huge variety of fitting automotive OptiMOS™ power MOSFETs with best-in-class RDS(on) performance for increased system efficiency
- Plus matching power supply and transceiver solutions incl. System Basis Chips (SBC), Linear Voltage Regulators (LDO), LIN-LDOs, CAN and CXPI transceivers
Traveo™ II CYT2B7 series, for instance, offers cutting-edge performance and robust safety features for automotive body applications. This series provides higher response and faster communication with embedded CAN FD & LIN interfaces. Traveo™ II devices have advanced security features with the introduction of HSM (hardware security module), dedicated Cortex®-M0+ for secure processing, and embedded flash in dual bank mode for FOTA requirements. The 32-bit MCU core system consists of a 160-MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4F Single, 1 MB code flash, 96 KB work flash, and 128 KB SRAM and Arm® Cortex® -M0+for Crypto operations. The family features six power modes that enable ECUs to minimize overall power consumption and cutting-edge security features for secure communication with great scalability in memory size and pin count.
Infineon´s TLE987x family, for instance, enables the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms. The TLE987x family addresses a wide range of smart 3-Phase Brushless DC motor control applications like auxiliary pumps and fans. It provides an unmatched level of integration and system cost to optimize the target application segments. In addition to this, it offers scalability in terms of flash memory sizes (36 kByte to 256 kByte) and MCU system clock frequency (24 to 40 MHz) supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms, either sensor-based or sensor-less. Moreover, the charge pump is capable to drive gate charges up to 150nC per MOSFET under limited conditions. TLE987x uses the same MCU and peripherals as the TLE986x family, 2-Phase driver, enabling design synergies between DC and BLDC motor control applications.
- NovalithIC™ provides a complete low-ohmic-protected half-bridge in a single package. It can be combined with an additional NovalithIC™ to create an H-bridge or 3-phase bridge as well. The NovalithIC™ family has the capability to switch high-frequency PWM while providing overcurrent, overvoltage and overtemperature protection. The NovalithIC™ family offers cost-optimized solutions for protected high-current PWM motor drives with very low board-space consumption - scaled to your needs.
- Infineon´s multi half-bridge ICs range from 2-fold half-bridge ICs to 12-fold half-bridge ICs. The products include the complete driver and output stage and are designed to drive small DC motors like HVAC flaps. All products are equipped with several diagnostic and protection features.
- Infineon’s System Basis Chips (SBC) offer high integration and high performance at an optimized system cost for various automotive applications. Our solutions combine voltage supplies such as LDO or DC-DC with up to 750mA, communication interfaces with CAN transceiver Flexible Data-Rate up to 5Mbit/s according to ISO 11898-2:2016 (including Partial Networking option) and LIN transceiver (LIN2.2/J2602) as well as supervision features (Wake input, Watchdog, Reset, Interrupt, Fail Output).
- OPTIREG™ Linear, easy to use power supply solutions generating stable output voltages for all automotive applications. All our devices are especially designed for use in harsh automotive environments and are offered in the highest quality level and long–term reliability.
- Infineon’s Automotive transceivers are perfectly suited for the highly demanding automotive environment and are designed to meet and exceed the latest ESD and EMC requirements. Our portfolio includes CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, LIN-LDO and FlexRayTM Transceivers and was now further extended by CXPI Transceivers.
Infineon’s portfolio of automotive-qualified OptiMOS™ power MOSFETs combines leading MOSFET technology with a robust package to deliver best-in-class performance and outstanding current capacity. Automotive-qualified MOSFET packages now have even higher current capacity thanks to our PowerBond technology and offer benchmark quality in a range from 20V-800Vin diversified packages. Best-in-class RDS(on) performance for increased system efficiency.
Megatrends in automotive and the increasing demand for smart motor control solutions
Infineon offers a large choice of motor control ICs to meet specific design challenges
How to drive easily small DC Motors with the new TLE94xyz Multi Half Bridges Family
Embedded Power ICs - Motor Control Applications
PROFET™+2 - New high side switches for energy efficiency
HITFET™+ offering the ultimate design flexibility
- Understand how NovalithIC™ devices work.
- Get to know their main features, applications and portfolio, and identify the specific characteristics of the latest B-T-N-99-x-x devices.