BGT60LTR11AIP XENSIV™ 60GHz first completely autonomous radar sensor for motion sensing
The BGT60LTR11AIP MMIC is a fully integrated microwave motion sensor including Antennas in Package (AIP) as well as built-in motion and direction of motion detectors. A state machine enables operation of the device autonomously, i.e., without an external microcontroller or further signal processing. The MMIC has four quad-state input pins that give the performance parameters flexibility, even in this autonomous mode. The detection threshold or sensitivity has 16 different levels in order to fulfill a configurable detection range from 0.5 m up to 7 m with a typical human target Radar Cross Section (RCS). Hold time is also configurable in 16 levels in autonomous mode, which allows detection status to be held from 0.1 s up to 30 minutes. The device can achieve power consumption of less than 2mW with adjustable duty cycling.
The small, 3.3 × 6.7 × 0.56-mm³ MMIC has integrated antennas. This eliminates antenna design complexity at user end and allows the PCBs to be designed with standard FR4 materials.
These features make this small-sized radar solution a compelling smart and cost-effective replacement for conventional PIR sensors, even in low power or battery-powered products. In addition, the BGT60LTR11AIP addresses a huge variety of applications that can benefit from smart motion detection - whether to save energy, protect privacy or improve the user experience of smart devices.
Interested in learning more about the BGT60LTR11AIP radar sensor?
Please contact your respective sales person or distributor. For first evaluation of the BGT60LTR11AIP radar sensor, we offer the DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP board, as well as the Radar Development Kit which can be downloaded via the Infineon Developer Center (IDC).
Summary of Features
- 3.3 x 6.7 x 0.56 mm³ package size
- 1Tx 1Rx Antennas in Package (AIP) with 90° Half Power Beam Width (HPBW)
- Integrated motion detector
- Integrated direction of motion detector
- Multiple modes of operation including a completely autonomous mode
- Adjustable performance parameters such as detection sensitivity, hold time and frequency of operation
- Standard FR4 material can be used for PCB design
- Up to 7 m detection range for human targets
- Less than 2 mW power consumption possible
- Requires minimal external circuitry
- Up to 14 m detection range for human targets
- Requires microcontroller unit (e.g. Arm® Cortex®-M0)
- Advanced functionalities by SPI configuration or further signal processing
- Smart Building and Smart Home devices such as thermostats, smoke detectors, smart speakers and other entertainment systems
- Smart appliances (Small home appliances and major home appliances) such as service robots, vacuum cleaners, lawnmower, washing machine and kitchen appliances
- Smart home security and alarm systems including IP cameras
- Screen based systems such as TVs, laptops or tablets
- Lighting systems and lighting control (mainly indoor lighting)
- Room air conditioners
- Automated door openers
- Smart entrance counter solution
- Contactless switches
- Multicopters and drones