The TLE 8444SL is a protected Quad-Half-Bridge-IC targeted towards automotive and industrial motion control applications. It is a monolithic die based on Infineon’s smart mixed technology SPT which combines bipolar and CMOS control circuitry with DMOS power devices. DC-Motors can be driven in forward (cw), reverse (ccw), brake and high impedance modes where as Stepper- Motors can be driven in No-Current, negative / positive output current modes. These various modes can easily be achieved via standard parallel interface of the device to a microcontroller. The PG-SSOP-24-7 package is advantageous as it saves PCB-board space and costs. The integrated short circuit and over-temperature protection as well as it’s built-in diagnosis features such as over- and under voltage-lockout and open load detection improves system reliability and performance.
Summary of Features:
- 4 Half-Bridge Power Outputs (1.3Ω RDS(ON)MAX @ Tj=150°C)
- Minimum Overcurrent Shutdown at 0.9A
- Simple parallel interface control of Half-Bridge Outputs
- Inverted and Non-inverted Inputs to minimize number of microcontroller connections
- Very low current consumption in sleep mode (max. 5μA)
- Error Flag Diagnosis
- Open Load Diagnosis in ON-state for all outputs
- Outputs protected against overcurrent
- Over temperature protection with hysteresis
- Over and Under voltage lockout
- 3.3V / 5V compatible inputs with hysteresis
- No crossover current
- Internal freewheeling diodes
- Thermally enhanced package (fused leads)
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Small package helps to save PCB area
- Improved diagnosis for over- and under voltage-lockout and open load detection improve system reliabiltiy and performance
- The device also supports stepper motor applications
- DC motors in automotive and industrial applications
- Stepper Motors in automotive and industrial applications (e.g. Idle speed control for small cars or motor bike)
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.