5.7 kV, 3 A single-channel highly flexible isolated gate driver with I2C configurability for DESAT, Soft-Off, UVLO, Miller clamp, TLTO and Fault. UL1577 certified
EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced single-channel highly flexible isolated gate driver with ±3 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current in small space-saving DSO-16 fine pitch wide-body package with large creepage distance (>8 mm) for IGBTs, MOSFETs and SiC MOSFETs.
1ED3830MU12M belongs to the EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced 1ED38xx family (X3 digital family). 1ED3830 offers adjustable control and protection functions including DESAT, Soft-Off, UVLO, Miller clamp, two level turn off (TLTO), and Fault, to simplify the design of highly reliable systems. All parameter adjustments are done from the input side via the I2C interface (pin SDA and SCL).
1ED3431xx Analog version available, with active Miller clamp, adjustable DESAT and Soft-off
Summary of Features
- Highly flexible EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced single channel isolated gate driver 1ED38xx family (X3 digital family)
- IGBTs, SiC and Si MOSFETs
- ±3 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current
- 40 V absolute maximum output supply voltage
- Separate source and sink outputs with two-level turn-off
- Active Miller clamp
- Precise and temperature compensated VCEsat detection (DESAT) with fault output
- IGBT soft turn-off after desaturation detection
- FLT and RDY status signaling to µController
- Parameter adjustment from input side via I2C bus:
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Active Miller clamp
- DESAT protection
- Soft turn off
- Two level turn off
- Over temperature shutdown
- Over-temperature shut down at 160 °C (±10 °C)
- Tight IC-to-IC propagation delay matching (30 ns max.)
- High common-mode transient immunity CMTI >100 kV/μs
- Suitable for operation at high ambient temperature up to 125 °C
- Small space-saving DSO-16 fine pitch wide-body package with large creepage distance (>8 mm)
- UL 1577 VISO = 6.84 kV (rms) for 1 s, 5.7 kV (rms) for 1 min
Find our Variations for EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced 1ED38xx family (X3 digital family)
EiceDRIVER™ X3 Enhanced Family: 1ED38xxMU12M
- EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced now include 1ED38XX (X3 Digital), with I2C configurability for DESAT, Soft-Off, UVLO, Miller clamp, TLTO and Fault
- Up to 9 A output current, 200 kV/µs CMTI, 30 ns Max. propagation delay matching, 40 V Max output supply voltage.
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577 (planned). For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, etc
Silicon Carbide MOSFETs bring a lot of opportunities to power electronics. However, how to achieve sufficient system benefits by using Silicon Carbide MOSFETs with suitable gate drivers? This training helps you to learn how to calculate a reference gate resistance value for your Silicon Carbide MOSFET; how to identify suitable gate driving ICs based on peak current and power dissipation requirements; and how to fine-tune the gate resistance value in laboratory environment based on worst case conditions.