Solutions for solar energy systems
Leading products for complete solar power solution
Infineon provides a comprehensive portfolio to deliver the best efficiency and reliability for solar applications. Infineon’s leading edge technology like Superjunction MOSFET, Trench + Fieldstop IGBT, Coreless transformer driver, etc, combined with rich experience and highest quality, ensured our No.1 position in solar application. The newest add ARM® Cortex™-M4 based MCU enables easy and high efficiency design.
Solar power conversion has three distinctive requirements:
- System cost down: Inverters manufacturers will continuously optimize the price per output power on system level.
- System efficiency: Efficiency is key for return of investment.
- Reliability: 5+years lifetime for string inverters and 25 years for micro inverter and optimizer.
Infineon addresses above solar requirements with the best semiconductor solutions.
System cost down
- CoolMOS™ C7 offers industry highest efficiency at hard switching, CoolMOS™ CFD2 and upcoming Infineon CoolMOS™ P6 offer optimized efficiency across whole load for soft switching.
- Infineon New OptiMOS™ has the lowest R DS(on) if the same packages will be compared, 50% less gate charge than competitor and offers the highest efficiency across the whole load condition.
- Infineon has long industry experience in Si & SiC devices and power module production with highest reliability record
- Driver ICs and boards (EiceDRIVER™) with coreless transformer technology offers isolation safety and stable life time performance
- Infineon PressFIT mounting technology for highest contact reliability – Download Product Brief
Solutions for Solar Energy Systems
01_00 | Jun 26, 2014 | PDF | 1.92 mb
Article - Efficiency in alternative power systems
01_00 | Nov 05, 2014 | PDF | 439 kb
Article - Matching Circuit Topologies and Power Semiconductors for Energy Storage in Photovoltaic Systems
Sep 05, 2014 | PDF | 377 kb
Combined portfolio MOSFET OptiMOS™ and StrongIRFET™
01_00 | Aug 17, 2015 | PDF | 1.2 mb
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.