XENSIV(TM) - TLE5501 E0002 TMR-based angle sensor automotive ASIL
Trusted Infineon quality
Analog TMR sensors for highly accurate position detection.
Tunneling Magneto Resistive (TMR) technology is offering high sensing sensitivity with a high output voltage so that no internal amplifier – thus the magnetic sensor can be connected directly to the microcontroller without any further amplification. In addition, TMR technology shows a very low temperature drift reducing external calibration and compensation efforts. The TMR technology is also well known for its low current consumption.
With the XENSIVTM TLE5501 products, Infineon launched the first angle sensor products based on TMR technology. TMR magnetic sensor TLE5501 is available in two versions TLE5501 E0001(automotive qualified) and TLE5501 E0002 (automotive ASIL).
The TLE5501 is a 360° TMR-based angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field. This is achieved by measuring sine and cosine angle components with Tunneling Magneto Resistance (TMR) elements. These raw signals (sine and cosine) are provided as a differential output signal and can directly be further processed within a microcontroller. The large output voltage of the bridge renders any further signal amplification unnecessary.
Summary of Features
- Large output signals of up to 0.37 V/V for direct microcontroller connection
- Discrete bridge with differential sine and cosine output
- Supply current: ~2 mA
- Magnetic field range (20 mT to 100 mT)
- Typ. angle error ~ 1.0 ° (overtemperature and lifetime)
- Designed for Safety: 2 independent dual channel sensors
- DSO-8 package
- Automotive qualified Q100, Grade 0: TA = -40°C to 150°C (ambient temperature)
- Functional safety: safety manual and safety analysis summary report available on request
- Angular position sensing
- Safety applications
- Steering angle sensor
- BLDC motor commutation