GPIO controlled SPDT RF switch designed for UWB, WiFi (WLAN) and Bluetooth applications with extended frequency coverage up to 9 GHz.
BGS12WN6 is a GPIO controlled SPDT RF switch designed for UWB, WiFi (WLAN) and Bluetooth applications with extended frequency coverage up to 9 GHz. Any of the 2 ports can be used as termination of the diversity antenna handling up to 26dBm. The chip integrates on-chip CMOS logic driven by a simple, single-pin CMOS or TTL compatible control input signal. Unlike GaAs technology, external DC blocking capacitors at the RF ports are only required if DC voltage is applied externally.
The BGS12WN6 RF switch is manufactured in Infineon’s patented MOS technology, offering the performance of GaAs with the economy and integration of conventional CMOS including the inherent higher ESD robustness.
Summary of Features
- SPDT with power handling capability of up to 26dBm
- High switching speed <200ns
- 0.05 to 9 GHz coverage
- Low insertion loss and harmonics generation
- High port to port isolation
- Package size of 0.7 x 1.1mm2 and thickness of 0.37mm
- On-chip control logic
- No blocking capacitors required if no DC applied on RF lines
- No power supply decoupling capacitor required
- High EMI robustness
- RoHS and WEEE compliant package
- Cellular diversity path
- Wi-Fi Tx/Rx and Bluetooth