600V CoolMOS™ P7
Perfect combination between high efficiency and ease-of-use
The 600 V CoolMOS™ P7 superjunction (SJ) MOSFET family is a general purpose series, targeting a broad variety of applications, ranging from low power SMPS up to the highest power levels.
In the low power arena it is the successor of the 600 V CoolMOS™ CE, and for high power SPMS applications it is the replacement for the 600 V CoolMOS™ P6, which makes it the perfect choice for applications, such as chargers, adapters, lighting, TV power supply, PC power supply, solar, small light electric vehicle, server power supply, telecom power supply, DC electric vehicle (EV) charging. 600 V CoolMOS™ P7 is Infineon’s most well balanced CoolMOS™ technology in terms of combining ease-of-use and excellent efficiency performance.
Compared to its predecessors, 600 V CoolMOS™ P7 SJ MOSFETs offer highest efficiency and improved power density due to the significantly reduced QG and Eoss levels, as well as optimized RDS(on).
The carefully selected integrated gate resistors enable very low ringing tendency, and, due to its outstanding robustness of body diode against hard commutation, it is suitable for hard, as well as so switching topologies, like LLC.
In addition, the feature of an excellent ESD capabilty helps to improve the quality in manufacturing. The 600 V CoolMOS™ P7 offers a wide range of RDS(on)/package combinations, including THD, as well as SMD devices, at an RDS(on) granularity from 24 mΩ to 600 mΩ and comes along with the most competitive price/performance ratio of all 600 V CoolMOS™ offerings.
- Suitable for hard and soft switching (PFC and LLC) due to an outstanding commutation ruggedness
- Optimized balance between efficiency and ease-of-use
- Significant reduction of switching and conduction losses leading to low MOSFET temperature
- Excellent ESD robustness >2kV (HBM) for all products
- Better RDS(on) package products compared to competition
- Large portfolio with granular RDS(on) selection qualified for a variety of industrial and consumer applications
- Ease-of-use and fast design-in through low ringing tendency and usage across PFC and PWM stages
- Improved efficiency and simplified thermal management due to low switching and conduction losses
- Higher manufacturing quality due to >2kV ESD protection
- Increased power density solutions enabled by using products with smaller footprint
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications and power ranges
600 V CoolMOS™ P7 achieves up to 1.5 percent better efficiency and 4.2°C lower MOSFET temperature versus competitor offerings. Its gate charge Qg and Eoss are 30-60 percent lower compared to previous CoolMOS™ families and competition, which leads to reduced driving and switching losses that allow high efficiency in various power classes. Furthermore, the optimized RDS(on) enables smaller footprints and higher power density.