H-Bridge Driver IC with Integrated Arm® Cortex® M3
Infineon's MOTIX™ H-Bridge Driver IC family enables maximum functional safety and comfort features for the target applications
The MOTIX™ TLE986x and TLE988x families address a wide range of smart 2-Phase DC motor control applications like sunroof, window lift, electrical pumps, electrical fans. Additionally, it offers scalability in terms of flash memory sizes and MCU system clock frequency supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms.
Moreover, TLE988x family is developed according to ISO26262 providing ASIL B features and some variants have built-in cybersecurity.
- High system frequency (60 MHz) and dual flash (read-while-write)
- Smallest fully integrated motor control solution with CAN FD
- ISO 26262 compliance (ASIL B) and context segregation (layered access right management)
- Infineon’s patented Adaptive MOSFET Control (AMC) feature
- Premium design-in support with software, tools and services
The new TLE988x devices use a B4 bridge N-channel MOSFET driver, an Arm® Cortex® M3 microcontroller, and a CAN (FD) controller and transceiver supporting a communication speed of 2 Mbps. Customers benefit not only from fast and robust communication but also from the highest computing performance.
Infineon Developer Community is available 24x7 for you to connect and network with engineers across the globe. Get help from Infineon support engineers, and expert members to solve your design challenges anytime, from anywhere, in any topic, and in your preferred language.
Explore the benefits
- Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost, part placing, purchasing and handling, PCB sizing
- Compatible software reduces design costs and enables cost efficient PCB thermal design
- Data processing, actuation and sensing are integrated into a system-on-chip solution with 32 bit Arm® M3 processor
- Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded within the System-on-Chip
- Both the MOTIX™ Embedded Power IC and the external MOSFETs can be protected with a reverse polarity MOSFET
- Monolithic integration minimizes PCB interconnections
- Due to the platform approach
- Reduced development time
- Temperature scalability
- Simplifies EMC design and improves the EMC performance with slope control
- Pin and software compatible products both for brushless solutions
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon's MOTIX™ Embedded Power ICs are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of motor control application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-B such as but not limited to Window Lift (ASIL-A), Sunroof (ASIL-A), Auxiliary pumps (ASIL-B) or Engine Cooling Fan (ASIL-B).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its Embedded Power ICs:
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our Embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
(Free of Charge)
to be agreed between customers and Preferred Design House