H-Bridge Driver IC with Integrated Arm® Cortex® M3
Infineon`s H Bridge Driver IC family enables maximum functional safety and comfort features for the target applications
TLE986x family addresses a wide range of smart 2-Phase DC motor control applications like sunroof, window lift, electrical pumps, electrical fans. Additionally, it offers scalability in terms of flash memory sizes and MCU system clock frequency supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms. It uses the same MCU and peripherals as the TLE987x family, 3-Phase driver, enabling design synergies between DC and BLDC motor control applications. Moreover, the charge pump is capable to drive gate charges up to 150nC per MOSFET under limited conditions.
Explore the benefits
- Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost, part placing, purchasing and handling, PCB sizing
- Compatible software reduces design costs and enables cost efficient PCB thermal design
- Data processing, actuation and sensing are integrated into a system-on-chip solution with 32 bit Arm® M3 processor
- Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded within the System-on-Chip
- Both the Embedded Power IC and the external MOSFETs can be protected with a reverse polarity MOSFET
- Monolithic integration minimizes PCB interconnections
- Due to the platform approach
- Reduced development time
- Temperature scalability
- Simplifies EMC design and improves the EMC performance with slope control
- Pin and software compatible products both for brushless solutions
Solution Finder for Automotive Applications
Looking for a customized solution for your Automotive application? Are you unsure which combination of devices you need?
This is a one stop destination helping you to decide. All you need to do is to tell us your preferences, and we will take care of the rest.
We will ensure that you find your best match with our Embedded Power ICs solutions powered by Automotive qualified Arm® Cortex®-M. Start now
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon`s Embedded Power ICs are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of motor control application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-B such as but not limited to Window Lift (ASIL-A), Sunroof (ASIL-A), Auxiliary pumps (ASIL-B) or Engine Cooling Fan (ASIL-B).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its Embedded Power ICs:
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
Micro Inspector Pro is a graphical visualization tool within Infineon Toolbox to interact with Infineon embedded systems based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores.
Micro Inspector Pro in unregistered mode (without entering a license key) allows the complete usage of existing dashboards. With the registered version, saving a modified or newly created dashboard is possible.
The license key to register can be requested via Infineon support channel: https://www.infineon.com/tac
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon´s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services
Pack File V1.4.4 for TLE986x SDK
- Added device TLE9868QXB20
- Added SDADC example for TLE9868QXB20
- Added Timer3 example
- Updated disclaimer of XML files
- ADC1: Updated implementation of VDH attenuator output impedance
- ADC2: Updated Vref value and attenuator value
- BDRV: Added control bits LSx/HSx_OC_DIS in Config Wizard to control local or global shutdown
- BDRV: Updated interrupts for ConfigWizard v2
- BOOTROM: Enabled interrupts in case of a NVM error during page programming
- CCU6: Corrected deadtime calculation
- PMU: CNF_CYC_SENSE available only for devices with UC_FEATURE_STOPMODE
Use our simulation models to understand the behavior of the Embedded Power devices.
- The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver contains programmable current-driven gate drivers. The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver PSpice Model provides one gate driver instance as a PSpice subcircuit and covers all first-order effects which are relevant for investigations on timings and power dissipation of the external MOSFETs.The TLE986x/7x CSA contains the Current Sense Amplifier block.
- The TLE986x/7x CSA PSpice / Saber / SIMetrix models provide the CSA instance as a PSPICE / Saber / SIMetrix subcircuit, allowing to perform transient and DC sweep analysis. The models include the main parameters in order to properly configure the CSA, as reported in the TLE986x/7x datasheets and user manuals.
- The IBIS (Input/output Buffer Information Specification) model provides information about the digital inputs/output buffers of the respective projects. The model can be used to perform various board level, signal integrity (SI) simulations and timing analyses.
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our Embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
(Free of Charge)
to be agreed between customers and Preferred Design House
Automotive Motor Control – Understandable
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.