The XMC4800 device is a member of the XMC4000 family of microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M4 processor core. The growing complexity of today's energy efficient embedded control applications are demanding microcontroller solutions with higher performance CPU cores featuring DSP and FPU capabilities. The XMC4800 family of microcontrollers take advantage of Infineon's decades of experience in the industrial market to provide an optimized solution to meet the performance challenges of today's embedded control applications. First-ever EtherCAT ® node on an ARM ® Cortex ®-M microcontroller with on-chip flash and analog/mixed signal capabilities.
Summary of Features:
- 1024 - 2048 KB Flash, 200-352 KB Ram
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 - 3.63V
- USIC 6ch [Quad SPI, SCI/UART, I²C, I²S, LIN]
- 2x PWM Timers (CCU8), 16-64Bit 8ch+ Dead-Time
- 6x CAN, 256 MO
- Peripherals Clock: 144 [MHZ]
- Core frequency: 144 [MHZ]
- 4x ΔΣ-Demodulator
- External Memory Interface (EBU)
- Package: LQFP144/LQFP100/LFBBGA196
- Temperature range: -40°........85°/125°
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC (/w IEEE 1588)
- SDIO/SD/MMC Interface
- Watch Dog Timer, Real Time Clock
- XMC4000 Functional Safety Package
- EtherCAT ® node
EtherCAT® is the real-time Ethernet standard for combining great bandwidth with unrivaled isochronous time determinism in ranges of three-digit down to low two-digit nanoseconds. The XMC4300 and XMC4800 series are the industryâ€™s first-ever microcontrollers with EtherCAT® integrated on a standard ARM® Cortex®-M controller with integrated flash memory and analog/mixed signal IP. This provides the most compact and cost-efficient EtherCAT® design without a dedicated ASIC, external memory and crystal.
- Guaranteed availability through 2031 or longer
- Pin and code compatibility with the established XMC4000 microcontroller family
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.