Low-Side Switch Shield with BTF3050TE for Arduino
The Low-Side Switch Shield from Infineon consists out of three BTF3050TE low-side switches of the HITFET™+ family providing three independent power channels that can be controlled via the input pins. The shield is compatible with microcontroller boards using the Arduino form factor for example the corresponding ARM® powered XMC™ microcontroller kits from Infineon and supports fast and easy prototyping of applications with BTF3050TE. The BTF3050TE is a 50 mΩ high integrated single channel low-side switch and able to drive resistive, inductive and capacitive loads with a nominal load current of 3 A. The power transistor itself is a built in N-channel power MOSFET. The whole device is monolithically integrated. This means that the power MOSFET, the driver and protection blocks are integrated in one package. Furthermore the smart low-side switch provides diagnosis and protection features (e.g. overtemperature, overcurrent). BTF3050TE is qualified and optimized for 12 V automotive and industrial applications.
Summary of Features:
- An Arduino Uno R3, XMC1100 Boot Kit, or similar board connected to the shield can control the three Low Side Switches via general IO pins
- Able to switch all kind of loads like resistive, inductive and capacitive, limited by clamping energy
- Three Low Side Switches BTF3050TE Input voltage : 3 to 5.5V</li>
o Input voltage : 3 to 5.5V
o Supply voltage: 3 to 5.5V
o Nominal battery voltage: 8 to 18V
o Extended battery voltage: 3 to 28V
o Nominal load current: 3 A
o Minimum current limitation: 30 A
- Input voltage : 3 to 5.5V
- Supply voltage: 3 to 5.5V
- Nominal battery voltage: 8 to 18V
- Extended battery voltage: 3 to 28V
- Nominal load current: 3 A
- Minimum current limitation: 30 A
- Over temperature shutdown with auto-resart
- Active clamp over voltage protection of the output (min. 40 V)
- Enhanced short circuit protection
- Capable of PWM up to14 kHz (at 10% duty cycle)
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Diagnosis function
- Protection e.g. against overtemperature, overcurrent and overvoltage
- Communication with the environment via four LEDs, one DIP-switch and up to 6 push buttons
- Easy handling of push buttons: The pin connected to switch SI is always activated; when any button is pushed
- This characteristic provides the option to handle easily push button inputs via interrupt.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.