Reference design/demo board - 5-level flying capacitor active neutral-point-clamped inverter design
The EVAL_4kVA_230VAC_5LINV 5-level active neutral-point-clamped flying capacitor (ANPC-FC) inverter evaluation board is based on 150 V OptiMOS™ 5, XMC4700 microcontroller and EiceDRIVER™ 2EDF7275F gate driver. featuring demonstrates ultra-high efficiency peaking at over 99%. It also provides >98.5% efficiency over a wide range of load with minimal power losses distributed among SMD MOSFETs. This enables operation at maximum load without heatsinking or the need for forced air cooling. The multi-level inverter is based on 150 V OptiMOS™ 5 technology, which has low RDS(on) and Qrr. This hybrid enables reduction in size and weight for solar inverters, string inverters and general purpose inverters.
The EVAL_4kVA_230VAC_5LINV evaluation board supports a nominal 400 VDC input voltage with operating range from 380 V to 420 V. The nominal output voltage is a 230 VRMS, 60 Hz pure sine wave. The maximum output continuous power of 4.0 kVA. The inverter start-up time to reach the nominal output voltage during full-load condition is less than 500 ms. An overload of 50 percent can be safely sustained for 10 seconds.
Please contact the support center to order the board.
Summary of Features
- Innovative 5-level hybrid inverter topology
- No heat sinking
- No forced air cooling
- XMC™ microcontroller based
- Excellent efficiency over load, greater than 98.7% from 500 W to 4000 W
- Outstanding thermal performance, no heat sinking required
- Enables customers significantly reduced time to market
- Solar inverters
- Solar string inverters
List of Components
- 150 V N-channel OptiMOS™ 5 in a SuperSO8 package
- EiceDRIVER™ level-shift high-side, low-side half-bridge gate driver
- 32-bit microcontroller with ARM® Cortex-M4
600 V CoolMOS™ S7 Superjunction MOSFET
1.8 A DC/DC step-down voltage regulator
Low VF Schottky Diode
Medium power AF Schottky Diode