EVAL-M3-102T is a Control Board for iMOTION™ Modular Application Design Kit (MADK) platform. It is powered by the new IMC102T-F064 iMOTION™ Motor Control IC featuring advanced Motor Control Engine (MCE), that enables state-of-the-art Sensorless Field Oriented Control (FOC) combined with the active Power Factor Correction (PFC) control, without need for any coding. IMC102T-F064 is a part of the iMOTION™ IMC100 series, which is the next generation of well established iMOTION™ motor control IC platform dedicated to field oriented control of PMSM (BLDC) motors.
The combination of this control board and matching iMOTION MADK power board EVAL-M3-CM615PN creates a powerful inverter + PFC system for evaluating the latest Infineon technologies. EVAL-M3-CM615PN features the new IFCM15P60GD IPM device based on the CIPOS™ Mini IPM technology, which combines 3-phase inverter stage and PFC stage based on TRENCHSTOP™ IGBTs.
Before setting up and running the motor control system, the user needs to download following files from the iMOTION™ Tools & Software webpage:
- IMC102T-F064 MCE Software Package, containing the latest MCE firmware image, corresponding default configuration files and release notes
- MCEWizard and MCEDesigner PC tools which are required for system configuring, controlling, tuning and monitoring.
User should check this page regularly for updates on MCE firmware or iMOTION™ PC tools. Please refer to the EVAL-M1-101T User Manual for more information.
Get your motor running in less than 1 hour! Eval-M3-102T, in combination with matching power boards from iMOTION™ MADK Platform, enables rapid prototyping of various inverterized motor control systems, for example fans, pumps and compressors, in combination with active PFC.
Summary of Features:
- Field-proven Advanced Motion Control Engine (MCE)
- Single-shunt or leg-shunt Sensorless FOC Control
- Boost or totem pole active PFC control
- Galvanically isolated on-board-debug interface
- Integrated protection features
- Easy motor parametrization and tuning using MCEWizard and MCEDesigner tools
- Fast time to market – No coding required for motor control functions
- Growing number of iMOTION™ MADK power boards with matching M3 platform interface
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.