Control Board for iMOTION™ Modular Application Design Kit (MADK)
EVAL-M3-102T is a Control Board for iMOTION™ Modular Application Design Kit (MADK) platform. It is powered by the new IMC102T-F064 iMOTION™ Motor Control IC featuring advanced Motor Control Engine (MCE), that enables state-of-the-art Sensorless Field Oriented Control (FOC) combined with the active Power Factor Correction (PFC) control, without need for any coding. IMC102T-F064 is a part of the iMOTION™ IMC100 series, which is the next generation of well established iMOTION™ motor control IC platform dedicated to field oriented control of PMSM (BLDC) motors.
The combination of this control board and matching iMOTION MADK power board EVAL-M3-CM615PN creates a powerful inverter + PFC system for evaluating the latest Infineon technologies. EVAL-M3-CM615PN features the new IFCM15P60GD IPM device based on the CIPOS™ Mini IPM technology, which combines 3-phase inverter stage and PFC stage based on TRENCHSTOP™ IGBTs.
Before setting up and running the motor control system, the user needs to download following files from the iMOTION™ Tools & Software webpage:
- IMC102T-F064 MCE Software Package, containing the latest MCE firmware image, corresponding default configuration files and release notes
- MCEWizard and MCEDesigner PC tools which are required for system configuring, controlling, tuning and monitoring.
User should check this page regularly for updates on MCE firmware or iMOTION™ PC tools. Please refer to the EVAL-M1-101T User Manual for more information.
Get your motor running in less than 1 hour! Eval-M3-102T, in combination with matching power boards from iMOTION™ MADK Platform, enables rapid prototyping of various inverterized motor control systems, for example fans, pumps and compressors, in combination with active PFC.
Summary of Features
- Field-proven Advanced Motion Control Engine (MCE)
- Single-shunt or leg-shunt Sensorless FOC Control
- Boost or totem pole active PFC control
- Galvanically isolated on-board-debug interface
- Integrated protection features
- Integrated scripting engine similar to a small virtual machine
- Easy motor parametrization and tuning using MCEWizard and MCEDesigner tools
- Fast time to market – No coding required for motor control functions
- Growing number of iMOTION™ MADK power boards with matching M3 platform interface
- High flexibility for motor control tuning and system functionality