Evaluation board for motor drive applications
EVAL-M1-IR2214 is an evaluation board featuring our EiceDRIVER™ 1200 V, 2/ 3 A, level-shift half-bridge gate driver IC with integrated desaturation detection, IR2214SS, and 1200 V, 50 A EconoPIM™3 module, FP50R12KT4G, for motor drive applications.
By connecting the iMOTION™2.0 controller board, EVAL-M1-101T, EVAL-M1-IR2214 can run a BLDC motor, providing fast and easy evaluation of the IR2214SS key features and verification of the board by a double-pulse test for higher power ratings.
Summary of Features
- 380 VAC three-phase input with fuses on the board providing basic electrical protection
- Inrush current limit circuit included for a safer power-on
- +15 V and +5 V auxiliary power supplies on the board
- Compatible with the iMOTION™ controller board
- Optimized system performance with the IR2214SS which includes enhanced features, such as
- integrated desaturation protection
- soft overcurrent shutdown
- two-stage turn-on output
- under-voltage lockdown protection
- cross-conduction prevention
- separate sink/source output
- Compact design with the EconoPIM™3 FP50R12KT4G which combines the rectifier, brake and inverter in one package