Ultra-high density 65 W USB-PD PPS charger with XDPS2201
This is a 65 W USB-PD type C PPS charger demo board that uses Infineon XDPS2201 together with two CoolMOS™ superjunction MOSFETs in a half-bridge configuration. It demonstrates high power density and high efficiency with both fixed and PPS output in an ultra-compact form factor supporting up to 65 W.
It features Infineon’s digital hybrid flyback controller XDPS2201, dual 600V CoolMOS™ C7 Superjunction MOSFET (IPP60R180C7 and IPD60R180C7), OptiMOS™ PD synchronous-rectification MOSFET (BSC093N15NS5), 30V OptiMOS™ MOSFET (BSZ086P03NS3 G) which serves as a safety switch.
Summary of Features
- High power density PCBA design of 31 W/in3
- Peak efficiency of 93.8 %
- Wide input voltage 90~264 VAC
- Fixed output: 5 V/3 A, 9 V/3 A, 12 V/3 A, 15 V/3 A, 20 V/3.25 A
- PPS output: 5~20 V / 3 A
- Ease-of-customization with compact form factor design
- Reduce BOM count and cost
- High efficiency and low standby power consumption to meet international regulatory requirements