DC-DC power conversion for telecom applications
Infineon provides solutions for the power distribution network of telecom infrastructure, like 5G small cells and base stations and corresponding sub-systems.
In a typical system, the input voltage is supplied by an AC-DC or an isolated PoE converter. From this main supply, Infineon growing portfolio targets all stages of DC-DC conversion from intermediate bus converters down to Point-of-loads used to supply analog front end (AFE), field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA), or application-specific integrated circuits (ASIC).
The multiphase controller plus integrated power stage solutions allow the power designer to address the most stringent dynamic requirements when providing supply to high-performance processors.
With Infineon’ products, you can solve typical DC-DC power converter’s requirements found in telecom’s equipment, such as:
- High efficiency combined with a high power density
- High reliability for minimizing maintenance cost
- Flexibility and high performances of the digital controllers
- Detailed monitoring and telemetry capability thanks to our digital architectures
Infineon is also very active in the development of Wide Bandgap Devices: application studies are available to understand the advantages of e-mode GaN HEMT in the telecom application. Several evaluation boards are also available not only to showcase the performances of Infineon products but also to provide reference designs for different converter topologies.
Find Infineon’s recommended products for Telecom DC-DC power conversion in the block diagram below and discover reference designs and available boards to speed up your journey.
- Understand the basic structure of a DC-DC brick and how it works
- Be familiar with the key parameters of MOSFETs and their design considerations in a DC-DC brick
- Know how to quickly and accurately select the right MOSFETs for your DC-DC brick