Sensor fusion for autonomous driving
Cars today are fitted with a growing number of environmental sensors, such as radar, a camera, ultrasonic and lidar, that perform a multitude of tasks. However, each sensor alone has its limitations. By combining the input from various sensors, individual systems complement each other and can achieve enhanced ADAS functions, such as cross traffic assist and autonomous obstacle avoidance.
As part of cutting-edge autonomous driving systems that can make critical, autonomous decisions, sensor fusion applications must be designed meet the highest safety and security standards. And must reliably provide exceptional performance. That’s where Infineon comes into play.
System diagram: sensor fusion for autonomous driving
Turn to Infineon for leading-edge solutions
Infineon offers you a broad portfolio of high-performance semiconductor solutions for sensor fusion applications. Discover, for example, the AURIX™ domain controller for autonomous driving that
- Creates a comprehensive environmental model by fusing various sensors in and around the car
- Computes the best driving strategy for maximum driver safety and convenience
- Makes decisions and triggers actuators in the car
Designed to meet the highest safety and security standards, the AURIX™ microcontroller family provides the robust performance for safety-critical autonomous driving applications. Moreover, AURIX™ forms a safe and secure hub to support strategic decisions and communicate with the actuator systems within the car. Whatever enhanced ADAS function you design, you are certain to find the right semiconductor solution from Infineon.
- Enables the sensor data fusion of several environmental sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic and lidar
- Enhanced ADAS functions, such as cross traffic assist and autonomous obstacle avoidance, require the data from more than one sensor and the corresponding sensor fusion
- Since the system can make critical, autonomous decisions, safety and security implementation is a must and is supported by Infineon’s high-performance AURIX™ microcontroller
- AURIX™ combined with the TLF35584 safety power supply and a dedicated processor enables new and enhanced ADAS features
Shaping the future of mobility
Infineon enables automated driving
electronica 2016 - Automotive 77 GHz demo system
electronica 2016 - Automotive 24 GHz radar development kit
ARM® -based SoC Family for Motor Control Automotive Applications