PROFET™+ 24V | Automotive Smart High-Side Switch
Infineon‘ s 24V smart high side switches of the PROFETTM+ 24V family are designed to be used for trucks, busses, as well as construction & agriculture vehicles (CAV) in harsh environment. The scalable family (12 pin-compatible devices) offers comprehensive protection functions, very fast current sense diagnostic, an extended operating voltage range and high short-circuit robustness. All kinds of loads (inductive, capacitive, resistive) from 0,5A to 10A nom. load current can be driven.
The portfolio comprises single, dual and one four channel device, all automotive qualified according to AEC-Q100. Most of the devices come in PG-TDSO-14 packages.
Protection and diagnostic
Various protection and diagnostic features provide the user with precise information about switch and load:
- Load Dump protection (58V for 400ms).
- Over Current limitation
- Thermal shutdown
- Enhanced short circuit protection (also for long cable)
- Loss of ground/battery protection
- Voltage dependent current limitation
- ESD protection
- Proportional load current sense
- Open load detection in ON and OFF
- Short circuit to battery and ground
- Over temperature feedback
- Current sense matching between channels
- Stable diagnostic signal during short circuit
- Very tight kILIS accuracy with calibration
The PROFET™+ 24 V family offers - in addition to above feature set - unique application dedicated functions, such as:
- Fast switching device (up to 2kHz) for brake application with additional ISO26262 qualification (ASIL B)
- 2 Devices with lower current limitation for long cables (e. g. trailer)
- Family concept, means pin-to-pin compatibility between the 12 devices (cost down options in case of load requirements changed)
- On top, footprint and pin mapping are also compatible to Infineon PROFETTM+ 12V family
The PROFETTM+ 24V is especially designed for CAV applications, such as BCM for trucks and busses, braking (ABS, ESP) and transmission valves, steering / safety systems, decentral ECU’s, ADAS loads, fuse and relay replacement as well as pneumatic/ hydraulic valves for excavators, fork lifters and agriculture machines. Because of extended operating voltage range (up to 48V), plenty of industrial applications are addressable too.
PROFET™+24V is a scalable family (RdsON 10 – 200 mΩ) of smart 24V high side switches with advanced protection and diagnostic features.
PROFET™+24V switches are designed to be used for 24 V Automotive application (CAV) and industrial applications. All kind of loads (valves, pumps, motors, sensors, bulbs, LED…) up to 10A nominal load current can be switched.
As user of PROFET™+24V devices, you will get in favor of the following benefits:
- Cost savings: No external components needed because current sense diagnostic is integrated with high kILIS accuracy
- Cost savings: Cheaper device can be used on same design spot in case of load requirement change or reuse of the design for 12V application
- Efficiency increase: Steeply switching slew rate reduces power losses and saves energy
- Extended use case: Long cables can be switched thanks to lower current limitation devices
- Extended use case: High position accuracy for linear valves and energy savings for safety application, thanks to BTF6070-2ERV (ISO26262 qualified, ASIL B)
- Cost savings: All devices are 24V load dump resistant (no external components for protection circuit needed)