EZ-PD™ CCG7DC Dual-port USB-C Power Delivery & DC-DC Controller
Industry’s first Dual-port PD controller & DC-DC controller
EZ-PD™ CCG7DC is Infineon’s highly integrated dual-port USB Type-C power delivery (PD) solution with integrated buck-boost controllers. It complies with the latest USB Type-C and PD specifications and is targeted for multi-port consumer charging applications.
EZ-PD™ CCG7DC is the most programmable USB-PD solution with on-chip 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor, 128 KB Flash, 16-KB RAM and 32-KB ROM that leaves most flash available for user application use. It also includes various analog and digital peripherals such as ADC, PWMs and Timers. The inclusion of a fully programmable MCU with analog and digital peripherals allows the implementation of custom system management functions such as dynamic load sharing and temperature monitoring.
Integration offered by EZ-PD™ CCG7DC not only reduces the BOM but also provides a footprint-optimized solution to support higher power density designs. It has integrated gate drivers for VBUS NFET on the provider path. It also includes hardware-controlled protection features on the VBUS.
EZ-PD™ CCG7DC supports a wide input voltage range (4 V to 24 V with 40 V tolerance) and programmable switching frequency (150 kHz to 600 kHz) in an integrated PD solution. Dynamic load sharing enables then the intelligent redistribution of the power budget based on load conditions. Another advanced feature of EZ-PD™ CCG7DC is also the signed field firmware upgradability via SHA-256 hashing.
EZ-PD™ CCG7DC is available both in tray (CYPD7271-68LQXQ) and tape and reel (CYPD7271-68LQXQT) packing options.
- Enables high power density designs by integrating 2 DC-DC controllers + 2 USB-C PD controllers in one single chip
- Dynamic load sharing enables intelligent redistribution of power between two ports
- Optimized buck input voltage using TL431 provides optimized efficiency for AC-DC designs
- Supports USB-C PD3.0 with PPS and other legacy protocols including Apple 2. 4A, Samsung AFC, QC4.0, BC1.2 at no additional BOM cost
- Cigarette lighter adapter (CLA)
- Multi-port AC-DC charger and adapter