Low Power 3D Hall Sensor with I2C Interface and Wake Up Function
Infineon´s 3D magnetic sensor family TLE493D offers accurate three dimensional sensing with extremely low-power consumption. Within its small 6-pin package the sensor provides direct measurement of the x-, y-, and z components of a magnetic field.
Thus the sensor family is ideally suited for the measurement of:
- 3 dimensional movement within a magnetic field
- Linear slide movement
- 360° angle rotation
By combining 3-axis measurement in a small package, with low power consumption, the TLE493D sensors provide a contactless position sensing alternative to applications which traditionally use mechanical or optical solutions. The system size for these applications can be reduced as magnetic threshold stability over temperature provides a highly accurate and more robust solution for those systems.
Infineon’s sensor provides a standard 2-wire digital I2C communication interface, which enables a bi-directional communication between the sensor and microcontroller.
In keeping with the highest quality standards and environmental regulations, the sensor is RoHs compliant, JESD47 or AEC-Q100 qualified and supports system according functional safety standard ISO 26262.
Summary of Features:
- 3D magnetic flux density sensing of ±160mT
- Programmable flux resolution down to 65µT (typ.)
- X-Y angular measurement mode
- Diagnostic measurements to check digital parts, analog parts and Hall probe of the sensor
- Power down mode with 7nA (typ) power consumption
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction plus 10-bit temperature sensor
- Variable update frequencies and power modes (configurable during operation)
- Temperature range Tj=-40 °C…125°C, supply voltage range = 2.8V…3.5V
- Triggering by external µC possible via I2C protocol
- Interrupt signal to indicate a valid measurement to the microcontroller
- Component reduction due to 3D magnetic measurement principle
- Wide application range addressable due to high flexibility
- Platform adaptability due to device configurability
- Supporting functional safety by means of integrated diagnostics
- Very low system power consumption due to Wake Up mode
- Disturbance of smaller stray fields are neglectable compared to the high magnetic flux measurement range
The TLE493D-W2B6 is designed for all kinds of sensing applications, including the following:
- Gear stick position
- Control elements in the top column module and multi function steering wheel
- Multi function knobs
- Pedal/valve position sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.