OPTIGA™ Trust Charge Automotive
The trusted authentication solution for in-car wireless chargers
OPTIGA™ Trust Charge Automotive is a highly optimized solution for in-car wireless charging up to 15 W. This solution also offers AEC Q100 automotive qualification. It enables manufacturers of in-car wireless chargers to develop chargers compliant with the latest Qi 1.3 specification.
An increasing number of cars support wireless charging for mobile phones.
The Qi 1.3. wireless charging standard
Developed by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), the Qi standard defines wireless power transfer to small electronic devices with the aim of contributing to consumer safety by checking that the device is capable of receiving 15 W of power and that it receives this power from a Qi-certified, authenticated transmitter.
For fast charging (acc. to the Extended Power Protocol (EPP) supporting up to 15 W), the Qi 1.3 standard mandates authentication from the power transmitting to the receiving devices. This requires a secured storage subsystem which must be security-certified (e.g. CC/EAL4+) or at least have security approval from a dedicated lab. So new Qi 1.3 wireless chargers must prove they are authentic and comply with the Qi 1.3 standard. Wireless chargers also have to be tested and certified by WPC. Only then can they carry the Qi logo.
The OPTIGA™ Trust Charge Automotive authentication solution is based on Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware, thus exceeding the security requirements of the Qi 1.3 standard. Infineon’s offering includes personalization and injection of the certificates and keys specified by WPC at its secured and certified production environments, making it easy for customers to build in security capabilities.
Fast and easy integration
This turnkey solution – with full system integration support and all key and certificate material preprogrammed – minimizes customer effort for design, integration and deployment. OPTIGA™ Trust Charge Automotive comes with a preprogrammed, locked operating system, locked application code, and host-side modules to integrate with host microcontroller software. Integration support includes a reference board and documentation for rapid design-in.
Summary of Features
- WPC Qi 1.3 authentication
- Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware
- ECDSA P-256 authentication
- NIST P-256, SHA-2 cryptography
- AES Q-100 qualification
- SPI, I2C protocols
- VQFN-32 or VQFN-8 package
- Full turnkey solution including drivers, software library and provisioning with keys and certificates according to WPC requirements
- Suitable for Qi 1.3 wireless charging – now the de-facto standard for mobile chargers
- With Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware, OPTIGATM Trust Charge Automotive exceeds WPC’s security requirements
- Preloading of WPC-specific personalized keys and certificates at secured Infineon fabs and backends to simplify key logistics and security integration in full compliance with the Qi 1.3 standard
- Easy integration thanks to complete, turnkey solution including embedded software, host software, a development board and documentation
- Mobile phones
- Accessories and other small personal electronic devices with charging according to Qi standard