NFC configuration IC with pulse width modulation (PWM) output NLM0010
Infineon’s dual-mode NFC configuration IC (NLM0010) with pulse width modulation (PWM) output is designed for LED applications to enable the emerging NFC-programming feature, which is compatible with the Module-Driver Interface Special Interest Group (MD-SIG). In addition to the NFC programming, advanced features such as on/off counting are integrated. Thanks to the dual mode NFC configuration IC’s features, customers can easily enable them without needing an additional microcontroller.
As the NLM0010 is a state-machine, no firmware development efforts are required. It can conveniently adapt to existing designs which enables replacement of the current configuration concept plug-in resistor.
The NLM0010 is a light version of NLM0011 NFC-PWM configuration IC without CLO function.
Summary of Features
- Configurable pulse width modulation (PWM) output
- NFC contactless interface compliant to ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 1 (ISO/IEC 15693)
- Integrated operation time counter (OTC) and on/off counter
- Non-volatile memory (NVM) including UID and 20 bytes free memory for user data
- Fast and cost effective implementation of NFC-programming without the need of an additional microcontroller
- Compatible with existing analog LED driver design using plug-in-resistor method
- Stable PWM output with fixed 2.8V amplitude and +/- 0.1% duty cycle accuracy
- Internal voltage regulator (LDO) to avoid influence of instable external supply voltage
- Compatible with the MD-SIG NFC-programming specification