EiceDRIVER™ 2EDN Gate Driver for MOSFETs
EiceDRIVER™ 2EDN - rugged, cool and fast 2-channel low-side 4A/5A driver ICs
2-channel MOSFET EiceDRIVER™ driver ICs are the crucial link between control ICs and powerful MOSFET and GaN switching devices. MOSFET driver ICs enable high system level efficiencies, excellent power density and consistent system robustness. With high power efficiency, higher MOSFET drive capability and cooler driver IC operation the 2EDN products help cut down bill-of-material and time to market in applications such as server, telecom, industrial SMPS, motor control and solar.
2EDN family: fast, precise, strong and compatible
- The highly efficient SMPS enabled by 5ns short slew rates and 10ns propagation delay precision suitable for fast MOSFET and GaN switching
- Numerous deployment options due to two 5A channels are possible
- 1ns channel-to-channel accuracy enable the use of two channels in parallel
- The 2EDN family comes with industry standard packages and pinout ease system design upgrades
- 4 V and 8 V UVLO (Under Voltage Lock Out) options for instant MOSFET protection under abnormal conditions
- -10 V robustness of control and enable inputs provides crucial safety margin when driving pulse transformers or driving MOSFETs in TO-220 and TO-247 packages
- 5 A reverse output current robustness eliminates the need for Schottky switching diodes and reduces bill-of-material
- Cool driver ICs from true rail-to-rail low impedance output stage
- Fast active output clamping of 20 ns (typ.) and fast UVLO start-up time of 2 µs (typ.) ensure robust and safe system operation
Watch this video to find the latest solutions to drive high voltage SiC MOSFETs and GaN HEMTs using dedicated EiceDRIVER™ single-channel and dual-channel gate driver ICs as shown in the EVAL_2EDB_HB_GaN, KIT_1EDB_AUX_GaN, and KIT_1EDB_AUX_SiC demo boards. These small demo kits have a configurable isolated bias supply that allows to generate different positive and negative voltage levels with 1% voltage regulation and power levels up to 1.5 W. Speed up your design cycle and reduce time to market with these simple to use building blocks.
The new EiceDRIVER™ 2EDN Gen 2 family comprises robust dual-channel low-side 4 A/5 A gate driver ICs. It is targeting not only fast power MOSFETs but also wide bandgap (WBG) switching devices. The gate drivers enable engineers to meet their design requirements in many different package sizes, ensure safe turn-off before under-voltage lock-out (UVLO) and achieve faster UVLO reaction for robust operation and noise immunity.
In this webinar, we will visit a selected Gate Driver IC portfolio which shares a common set of strengths.
2-channel MOSFET driver ICs are the crucial link between control ICs and powerful MOSFET and GaN switching devices. MOSFET driver ICs enable high system level efficiencies, excellent power density and consistent system robustness. Video part 1
2-channel MOSFET driver ICs are the crucial link between control ICs and powerful MOSFET and GaN switching devices. MOSFET driver ICs enable high system level efficiencies, excellent power density and consistent system robustness. Video part 2
Infineon offers a wide range of different EiceDRIVER™gate drivers for MOSFETs. 1EDN 1-channel MOSFET gate driver ICs serve as the essential link connecting control ICs, powerful MOSFETs and GaN switching devices. There is also a 2EDN 2-channel MOSFET driver ICs available. In addition, the 1-channel non-isolated gate drivers with Truly Differential Inputs called 1EDN TDI. Finally, the 2EDi, dual-channel isolated product family of gate driver ICs, designed for robust operation in high performance CoolMOS™, CoolSiC™ and OptiMOS™ MOSFET half-bridges.