5.7 kV, 9 A single-channel flexible isolated gate driver with active Miller clamp, adjustable DESAT and Soft-off
EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced single-channel highly flexible isolated gate driver with ±9 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current in small space-saving DSO-16 fine pitch wide-body package with large creepage distance (>8 mm) for IGBTs, MOSFETs and SiC MOSFETs.
1ED3491MU12M belongs to the EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced 1ED34xx family (X3 analog family). 1ED3491 offers high configurability with DESAT (adjustable filter time), and soft-off (adjustable current level), through external resistor from input side (ADJA and ADJB pin). The driver IC also offers separate output, active Miller clamp (clamp driver for external MOSFET), Fault, and over temperature shutdown.
1ED3890xx (X3 digital) version available, with I2C configurability for up to 14 parameters.
Summary of Features
- Flexible EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced single channel isolated gate driver 1ED34xx family (X3 analog family)
- IGBTs, SiC and Si MOSFETs
- ±9 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current
- 40 V absolute maximum output supply voltage
- Separate source and sink outputs
- Active Miller clamp (clamp driver for external MOSFET)
- Precise VCEsat detection (DESAT) with fault output
- IGBT soft turn-off after desaturation detection
- Parameter adjustment from input side:
- Adjustable DESAT filter time with ADJB pin
- Adjustable soft-off current level with ADJA pin
- FLT and RDY status signaling to µController
- 11 V/12 V undervoltage lockout (UVLO) protection with hysteresis
- Over-temperature shut down at 160 °C (±10 °C)
- Tight IC-to-IC propagation delay matching (30 ns max.)
- High common-mode transient immunity CMTI >100 kV/μs
- Suitable for operation at high ambient temperature up to 125 °C
- Small space-saving DSO-16 fine pitch wide-body package with large creepage distance (>8 mm)
- UL 1577 (pending) VISO = 6 kV (rms) for 1 s, 5 kV (rms) for 1 min
- Enable fast design cycles due to low external component count and still offers adjustable DESAT with Soft-off functionality
- The precise threshold and timings, combined with UL 1577 certification enable superior application safety
- Perfect fit for all applications requiring a reliable DESAT protection, benefit from an active Miller clamp and prefer small PCB space requirements
Find our Variations for EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced 1ED34xx family (X3 analog family)
EiceDRIVER™ X3 Enhanced Family: 1ED34xxMU12M
- EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced now include 1ED34XX (X3 Analog), with DESAT(adjustable filter time), soft-off(adjustable current)
- Up to 9 A output current, 200 kV/µs CMTI, 30 ns Max. propagation delay matching, 40 V Max output supply voltage.
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577 (planned). For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, etc.
Silicon Carbide MOSFETs bring a lot of opportunities to power electronics. However, how to achieve sufficient system benefits by using Silicon Carbide MOSFETs with suitable gate drivers? This training helps you to learn how to calculate a reference gate resistance value for your Silicon Carbide MOSFET; how to identify suitable gate driving ICs based on peak current and power dissipation requirements; and how to fine-tune the gate resistance value in laboratory environment based on worst case conditions.