XDP™ 12-phase hyper transient phase dual loop multiphase controller
The XDP™ XDPE152C4D is a hyper transient phase controller. Core voltage is provided by a multiphase buck converter with up to 12 synchronous-rectified channels in parallel while a second loop provides voltage for the I/O. The XDPE152C4D phase configuration is flexible in how the phases are allocated to the 2 loops. Any phase can be assigned to either loop, and the phase firing order is fully programmable to offer the ultimate in phase configuration flexibility. Typically, configurations of 12+0, 11+1, 10+2, 8+4, or 6+6 phases are supported.
Command and monitoring functions are controlled through the PMBus and SVID interfaces which supports dynamic voltage identification with 5 mV/step or 10 mV/step in Intel mode, output range up to 3.04 V, offset and trim resolution of 625 uV, and accuracy better than 0.5%.
The XDPE152C4D controller utilizes digital technology to implement all control functions, providing the ultimate system solution in terms of flexibility and stability. Advanced control loop features, such as current mode control, variable frequency operation, Active Transient Response (ATR/FATR), fast DVID response, automatic phase shedding and, Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM), enable optimal response to a highly dynamic load with fast di/dt load transients across a wide range of load current.
Summary of Features
- Compliant with Intel VR13, VR13HC, and VR14 server VR vendor PWM enabling specification Rev 1.88 (October 2021)
- Compliant with Intel SVID Rev 1.94 (April 2021)
- Compliant with PMBus Rev 1.3.1 (March 2015) serial interface
- Digitally controlled phasing for full flexibility in loop configuration and phase firing order
- Digital current emulation for TLVR inductor support
- Differential output voltage sense
- Fast current balancing with current-mode control
- Digitally programmable PID (proportional, integral, differential) loop compensation
- Digitally programmable loadline slope
- Digital temperature compensation
- Direct input (+12 V) voltage and current sense
- Extensive fault detection and protection capability
- Internal non-volatile memory (NVM) to store multiple custom configurations
- Digital control improves transient response and reduces components
- XDP™ hyper transient phase multiphase control boosts efficiency across all loads
- PMBus interface provides access for monitoring telemetry and controlling regulation functions
- Core power regulation for Intel VR14 based microprocessors
- High-end desktops