OptiMOS™ IPOL DC-DC converter single-input voltage, 30 A buck regulators with SVID
The IR38164 OptiMOS™ IPOL is an easy to use, fully integrated and highly efficient dc-dc regulator with Intel SVID and I2C/PMBus™ interfaces. The on-chip PWM controller and co-packaged low duty cycle optimized MOSFETs make the device a space-efficient solution, providing accurate power delivery for low output voltage and high current applications that require an Intel SVID interface.
The IR38164 offers programmability of switching frequency, output voltage, and fault/warning thresholds and fault responses while operating over a wide input range. Providing flexibility as well as system level security in the event of fault conditions.
The switching frequency is programmable from 500 kHz to 1.5 MHz for an optimum solution. The on-chip sensors and ADC along with the SVID, I2C and PMBus™ make it easy to monitor and report input voltage, output voltage, output current and temperature.
Summary of Features:
- Internal LDO allows single 16 V operation
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5 V to 0.875*PVin
- 0.5% accurate Reference Voltage
- Intel VR12.5 (Rev 1.5), SVID (Rev 1.7) and VR13 (Rev 1.1) compliant
- Enhanced line/load regulation with Feedforward
- Frequency programmable by PMBus™ up to 1.5 MHz
- Enable input with Voltage Monitoring Capability
- Remote Sense Amplifier with True Differential Voltage Sensing
- Fast mode I2C and 400 kHz PMBus™ interface for programming, sequencing and margining output voltage, and for monitoring input voltage, output voltage, output current and temperature.
- PMBus™ configurable fault thresholds for input UVLO, output OVP, OCP and thermal shutdown.
- Thermally compensated pulse-by-pulse current limit and Hiccup Mode Over Current Protection
- Dedicated output voltage sensing for power good indication and over-voltage protection which remains active even when Enable is low.
- Enhanced Pre-Bias Start up
- Integrated MOSFET drivers and Bootstrap diode
- Operating junction temp: -40 ⁰C<Tj<125⁰C
- Thermal Shut Down
- PMBus™ Programmable Power Good Output
- Small Size 5 mmx 7 mm PQFN
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
- External resistor allows setting up to 16 PMBus™ addresses
- Designed for Intel® single phase power rails requiring SVID communication such as VCCIO and VCMP on platforms such as VR13HC, VR13 and VR12.5.
- Servers and High End Desktop CPU VRs for non-core applications
- Telecom & Datacom Applications
- Distributed Point of Load Power Architectures
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.