OptiMOS™ IPOL dc-dc converter single-input voltage, 30 A buck regulators with SVID
The IR38164 OptiMOS™ IPOL is an easy to use, fully integrated and highly efficient dc-dc regulator with Intel SVID and I2C/PMBus™ interfaces. The on-chip PWM controller and co-packaged low duty cycle optimized MOSFETs make the device a space-efficient solution, providing accurate power delivery for low output voltage and high current applications that require an Intel SVID interface.
The IR38164 offers programmability of switching frequency, output voltage, and fault/warning thresholds and fault responses while operating over a wide input range. Providing flexibility as well as system level security in the event of fault conditions.
The switching frequency is programmable from 500 kHz to 1.5 MHz for an optimum solution. The on-chip sensors and ADC along with the SVID, I2C and PMBus™ make it easy to monitor and report input voltage, output voltage, output current and temperature.
Summary of Features:
- SVID, VR13 and VR12.5 compatible
- 3-bit PVID for PVNN
- 5 mm x 7 mm PQFN package with current capability up to 30 A
- 300 kHz-1500 kHz switching frequency
- Ultra-low jitter and fewer capacitors
- Pin compatible options with/without PMBus™
- Pre-programmed for Intel® VR13 rails
- 50 percent space saving compared to dual-chip solutions
- 1 MHz capable for less capacitors
- OptiMOS™ 5 for very high efficiency
- Designed for Intel® single phase power rails requiring SVID communication such as VCCIO and VCMP on platforms such as VR13HC, VR13 and VR12.5.
- Servers and high end desktop CPU VRs for non-core applications
- Telecom & datacom applications
- Distributed PoL power architectures
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.