MERUS™ class-D audio amplifier, 2x37 W, 10-20 V, ultra-low idle power, inductor-less operation, integrated DSP
The MA2304DNS is a 2x37 W audio amplifier with integrated audio DSP and I2S/TDM audio interface. It features the MERUS™ multilevel switching amplifier technology enabling unmatched power efficiency at both low and high output power. Multilevel switching also relaxes EMI and enables inductor‑less applications with lower cost and no compromise in audio performance or efficiency. A high order internal feedback loop ensures low THD for excellent audio performance. The integrated DSP offers a configurable processing flow and can be used to correct and tune real speaker applications with e.g. equalization, limiting and more.
The ultra‑low idle power consumption is at least five times lower than the traditional class D audio amplifiers in the market, making MA2304DNS ideal for battery powered speaker applications with extended battery life and/or reduced battery cell cost. In mains‑powered multichannel applications, the reduced and scalable EMI performance, enables otherwise impossible industrial designs, without the necessity for a heatsink or a traditional LC filter.
Summary of Features
- 52 mW ultra-low idle power (18 V PVDD, LPC mode) and high efficiency at low output power (>80%, 2 W, 8 Ω)
- Inductor-less output filtering at full power range
- Excellent EMI performance
- 0.03% low THD+N at 1 W, 1 kHz; residual noise floor 52 μVrms A-weighted
- Configurable output stage – 2x BTL, 1x PBTL
- Integrated DSP for configurable equalization, DRC, delay, etc.
- Extremely low idle power enables prolonged battery life
- Smallest output filtering without bulky inductors
- Easy-to-pass EMI test without sacrificing efficiency or audio performance
- Premium sound quality due to low THD+N and low noise floor
- Flexible output configuration to support different speaker number and power level