H-Bridge Driver IC with Integrated Arm® Cortex® M0
Infineon`s integrated motor driver optimizes the target applications by offering cost and energy effecient solutions
It integrates the 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 core together with market proven peripherals. It comprises two full duplex serial interfaces (UART) with LIN support, and two on-chip temperature and battery voltage measurement units.
Our highly integrated solution allows driving MOSFETs at low battery voltage (>=6V) with a minimum number of external components. This enables a very cost effective solution on a system level. Additionally, the TLE985x product family supports energy management and embeds several protection functions.
The TLE985x H-Bridge MOSFET driver IC has an adaptive control hardware implementation. The adaptive control algorithm is able to compensate the MOSFET parameters spread in the system. It is automatically adjusting gate current settings based on timing measurements to optimize the system`s EMC (slow slew rates) and power dissipation (short dead times).
Explore the benefits
- Supply with stop and sleep mode
- Wake via LIN and MON
- Cyclic wake
- Sensor supply switch off
- Single chip integration
- Minimum external components
- VQFN package with 7x7mm footprint
- Programmable and adaptive switching behavior of MOSFET
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon`s Embedded Power ICs are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of motor control application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-B such as but not limited to Window Lift (ASIL-A), Sunroof (ASIL-A), Auxiliary pumps (ASIL-B) or Engine Cooling Fan (ASIL-B).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its Embedded Power ICs:
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Pack file V1.1.8 for TLE985x SDK
- Updated DC motor example to match AppNote "TLE985x Bridge Driver Getting Started"
- ADC1: Corrected Post-Processing unit usage in Config Wizard
- ADC2: Corrected calculation of LSB voltage
- CCU6: Corrected dead time calculation
- SSC: Updated baudrate selection
- UART: Updated baudrate selection
- UART: Updated pin selection for UART1 (GPIOs or LIN)
- Updated disclaimer
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
Micro Inspector Pro is a graphical visualization tool within Infineon Toolbox to interact with Infineon embedded systems based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores.
Micro Inspector Pro in unregistered mode (without entering a license key) allows the complete usage of existing dashboards. With the registered version, saving a modified or newly created dashboard is possible.
The license key to register can be requested via Infineon support channel: https://www.infineon.com/tac
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon´s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.