2-Phase Bridge Driver with Integrated ARM® Cortex® M3
Infineon has combined its wealth of experience in motor control drivers for automotive applications with all the benefits of an industry-standard core. The unique result, our 3rd Generation Embedded Power IC based on ARM® Cortex®-M cores, addresses a wide range of smart 2-Phase DC motor control applications like, sunroof, power window lift, electrical pumps, electrical fans.
Produced on Infineon’s first-in-industry automotive qualified 130nm Smart Power technology, the Infineon Embedded Power System-on-Chip solutions offer an unmatched level integration and system cost to performance to optimization for the target application segments.
The TLE986x family offers scalability in terms of Flash memory sizes and MCU system clock frequency supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms. It uses the same MCU and peripherals as the TLE987x family, 3-Phase driver, enabling design synergies between DC and BLDC motor control applications.
The new Infineon® Embedded Power IC is supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compiler, debugger, evaluation board, LIN low level driver and configuration tool as well as example software code for Motor Control.
- Data processing, actuation and sensing are integrated into a System-on-Chip solution with 32 bit ARM M3 processor
- PCB space saving enabled by a leadless VQFN package with 7x7mm footprint
- Reduces motor control PCB size and weight
- Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and supports energy management (on demand)
- Intelligent motor control increases efficiency compared to relay based systems
- Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded within the System-on-Chip
- Both the Embedded Power IC and the external MOFESTS can be protected with a reverse polarity MOSFET
- Monolithic integration minimize PCB interconnections
- Grade 0 variants enable applications up to 150°C ambient
- Minimum number of external components reduce
- BOM cost
- Part placing
- PCB sizing
- Compatible software reduces design costs
- Enables cost efficient PCB thermal design
- Due to platform approach
- reduced development time
- temperature scalabilit
- solutions up to 1kW
- Simplifies EMC design and improves the EMC performance with slope control
- Pin and software compatible products both for brushed and brushless solutions
- ARM® Cortex®-M3 MCU
- System clock up to 40MHz
- Up to 128kB Flash memory
- 4K EEPROM emulation
- NFET drivers with charge pump
- Current programmable NFET driver with patented slope control for optimized EMC behavior
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN standard 2.2 and SAE J2602
- Supports fast programming via LIN
- Direct memory access (DMA)
- 10-Bit SAR ADC for sensing
- Timers for PWM signal generation for 2 -Phase motor control
- On chip oscillator & PLL
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
|Step 1||Arm Keil µVision||
Download and install
|Step 3||SEGGER J-Link||
Download and Install
Segger J-Link driver
Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
(Free of Charge)
to be agreed between customers and PDH
How to get an Infineon Embedded Power Preferred Design House (PDH):
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get in touch base with the Infineon Embedded power PDH support line:
Please contact ePowerPDH-Support@infineon.com
- Power window lift
- Electrical pumps
- Electrical Fans
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.