Automotive PSoC™ 4000
The PSoC™ 4000 product family is the smallest member of the PSoC™ 4 platform architecture. It is a combination of a microcontroller with standard communication and timing peripherals, a capacitive touch-sensing system (CapSense®) with best-in-class performance, and general-purpose analog.
The automotive PSoC™ 4000 products will be fully upward compatible with members of the PSoC™ 4 platform for new applications and design needs.
- 16-MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0 CPU
- Up to 16 KB of flash with Read Accelerator
- Up to 2 KB of SRAM
- Two current DACs (IDACs) for general-purpose or capacitive sensing applications.
- One low-power comparator with internal reference
- Deep Sleep mode with wake-up on interrupt and I2C address detect
- Cypress Capacitive Sigma-Delta (CSD) provides best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and water tolerance
- Cypress-supplied software component makes capacitive sensing design easy
- Automatic hardware tuning (SmartSense™)
- Multi-master I2C block with the ability to do address matching during Deep Sleep and generate a wake-up on match
- One 16-bit Timer/Counter/Pulse-Width Modulator (TCPWM) block
- Center-aligned, Edge, and Pseudo-Random modes
- Comparator-based triggering of Kill signals for motor drive and other high-reliability digital logic applications
- 24-pin QFN and 16-pin SOIC packages
- GPIO pins on Ports 0, 1, and 2 can be CapSense or have other functions
- Drive modes, strengths, and slew rates are programmable
- A Grade: –40 °C to +85 °C
- S-Grade: –40 °C to +105 °C
- E-Grade: –40 °C to +125 °C
- Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) Q100 qualified
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides schematic design entry and build (with analog and digital automatic routing)
- Applications Programming Interface (API) component for all fixed-function and programmable peripherals
- After schematic entry, development can be done with Arm-based industry-standard development tools
- Enables a touch user interface with up to 24 I/Os
- SmartSense Auto-tuning speeds time-to-market and eliminates the need for manual system tuning.
- Prevents false touches caused by liquids.
- Implements advanced proximity sensing: wake-on-approach, liquid level detection, and IR sensor replacement.
Automotive PSoC™ 4 reduces system cost with Programmable Digital Blocks, Programmable Analog Blocks, CapSense and LIN Slave to:
- Create custom AFEs for sensors and add sophisticated user interfaces
- Communicate to car network with integrated LIN
- Slave controllers
- PSoC™ Creator enables easy integration of multiple ICs and system interfaces into one PSoC™
- Zero false touches reported by the touch sensors in harsh automotive environment.
- Reduces Radiated Emissions (RE) by easily modifying CapSense Component parameters in PSoC™ CreatorTM IDE.
- Complies with standard emission and immunity specifications like CISPR 25, ISO 11452, IEC 61967 and IEC 62132.
- Infotainment & Navigation
- Integrated Systems
- Interior HMI
- Natural HMI surfaces
- Door lock / unlock
- Foot-kick, emblem touch
- Force-sensing, haptics
- Water & Fuel, Quality
- Smart Sensor