Automotive PSoC™ 4100S Plus
PSoC™ 4 is a scalable and reconfigurable platform architecture for a family of programmable embedded system controllers with an Arm® Cortex®-M0+ CPU while being AEC-Q100 compliant. It combines programmable and reconfigurable analog and digital blocks with flexible automatic routing. PSoC™ 4100S Plus is a member of the PSoC™ 4 platform architecture. It is a combination of a microcontroller with standard communication and timing peripherals, a capacitive touch-sensing system (CAPSENSE™) with best-in-class performance, programmable general-purpose continuous-time and switched-capacitor analog blocks, and programmable connectivity. PSoC™ 4100S Plus products will be upward compatible with members of the PSoC™ 4 platform for new applications and design needs.
- 48-MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0 CPU
- Up to 128 KB of flash with Read Accelerator
- Up to 16 KB of SRAM
- 8-channel DMA engine
- Two opamps with reconfigurable high-drive external and high-bandwidth internal drive and Comparator modes and ADC input buffering capability. Opamps can operate in Deep Sleep low-power mode.
- 12-bit 1-Msps SAR ADC with differential and single-ended modes, and channel sequencer with signal averaging
- Single-slope 10-bit ADC function provided by a capacitance sensing block
- Two current DACs (IDACs) for general-purpose or capacitive sensing applications on any pin
- Two low-power comparators that operate in Deep Sleep low-power mode
- Programmable logic blocks allowing Boolean operations to be performed on port inputs and outputs
- Deep Sleep mode with operational analog and 2.5 µA digital system current
- Capacitive sigma-delta (CSD) provides best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) (>5:1) and water tolerance
- Infineon-supplied software component makes capacitive sensing design easy
- Automatic hardware tuning (SmartSense™)
- Five independent run-time reconfigurable serial communication blocks (SCBs) with re-configurable I2 C, SPI, UART functionality, or LIN slave functionality
- LCD segment drive capability on GPIOs
- Eight 16-bit timer/counter/pulse-width modulator (TCPWM) blocks
- Center-aligned, Edge, and Pseudo-random modes
- Comparator-based triggering of Kill signals for motor drive and other high-reliability digital logic applications
- Quadrature decoder
- 4 to 33 MHz external crystal oscillator (ECO)
- PLL to generate 48-MHz frequency
- 32-kHz watch crystal oscillator (WCO)
- ±2% internal main oscillator (IMO)
- 32-kHz internal low-power oscillator (ILO)
- TRNG generates truly random number for secure key generation for cryptography applications
- CAN 2.0B block with support for time-triggered CAN (TTCAN)
- 40-pin QFN, 48-pin QFN, 64-pin QFN, and 64-pin TQFP packages
- Any GPIO pin can be CapSense, analog, or digital
- Drive modes, strengths, and slew rates are programmable
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides schematic design entry and build (with analog and digital automatic routing)
- Applications Programming Interface (API) component for all fixed-function and programmable peripherals
- After schematic entry, development can be done with Arm-based industry-standard development tools
- A Grade: –40 °C to +85 °C
- S-Grade: –40 °C to +105 °C
- E-Grade: –40 °C to +125 °C
PSoC™ 4 S-Series delivers robust noise immunity with superior SNR (>300:1), allowing home appliance customers to easily pass IEC 61000 standards. CapSense fourth-generation also implements robust liquid-level sensing solutions with mutual-capacitance sensing support and improving manufacturing robustness with SmartSenseTM auto-tuning.
PSoC™ 4 S-Series expands the portfolio by introducing Cypress’s fourth-generation CapSense®, Smart I/Os to implement pin-level digital logic and the 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0+ for all your mixed-signal embedded requirements.
PSoC™ 4 S-Series reduces average power consumption by boosting performance. Processing instructions at more than 2x the rate of legacy 8-bit and 16-bit MCUs the system is allowed to spend more time in sleep modes. CapSense fourth-generation also simplifies low-power system design with a low 3µA average current.
- Enables a touch user interface with up to 24 I/Os
- SmartSense Auto-tuning speeds time-to-market and eliminates the need for manual system tuning.
- Prevents false touches caused by liquids.
- Implements advanced proximity sensing: wake-on-approach, liquid level detection, and IR sensor replacement.
Automotive PSoC™ 4 reduces system cost with Programmable Digital Blocks, Programmable Analog Blocks, CapSense and LIN Slave to:
- Create custom AFEs for sensors and add sophisticated user interfaces
- Communicate to car network with integrated LIN
- Slave controllers
- PSoC™ Creator enables easy integration of multiple ICs and system interfaces into one PSoC
- Zero false touches reported by the touch sensors in harsh automotive environment.
- Reduces Radiated Emissions (RE) by easily modifying CapSense Component parameters in PSoC™ CreatorTM IDE.
- Complies with standard emission and immunity specifications like CISPR 25, ISO 11452, IEC 61967 and IEC 62132.
- Infotainment & Navigation
- Integrated Systems
- Interior HMI
- Natural HMI surfaces
- Door lock / unlock
- Foot-kick, emblem touch
- Force-sensing, haptics
- Water & Fuel, Quality
- Smart Sensor