The XMC4700 device is a member of the XMC4000 family of microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M4 processor core. The growing complexity of today's energy efficient embedded control applications are demanding microcontroller solutions with higher performance CPU cores featuring DSP and FPU capabilities.The XMC4700 family of microcontrollers take advantage of Infineon's decades of experience in the industrial market to provide an optimized solution to meet the performance challenges of today's embedded control applications.
Summary of Features:
- 1536 - 2048 KB Flash, 276-352 KB Ram
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 - 3.63V
- USIC 6ch [Quad SPI, SCI/UART, I²C, I²S, LIN]
- 2x PWM Timers (CCU8), 16-64Bit 8ch+ Dead-Time
- 6x CAN, 256 MO
- Peripherals Clock: 144 [MHZ]
- Core frequency: 144 [MHZ]
- 4x ΔΣ-Demodulator
- External Memory Interface (EBU)
- Package: LQFP144/LQFP100/LFBBGA196
- Temperature range: -40°.........85°/125°
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC (/w IEEE 1588)
- SDIO/SD/MMC Interface
- Safety package supporting SIL-2/3
From toys and power tools, to industrial pumps and industrial automation systems, Infineon’s XMC™ microcontrollers and other semiconductor products enable our customers to design the most innovative, efficient, reliable and energy-friendly motor control and drive systems. Infineon’s XMC™ microcontroller family is perfectly suited as a controller for various types of motors, such as Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM), Brushless DC Motors (BLDC), AC Induction Motors (ACIM), servo motors and brushed DC motors.
Off-board charging, where users can charge plug-in hybrids and pure electrical vehicles on personal garages and open parking lots, demands a optimized solution with high MCU switching frequency to stay efficient and cost competitive. Our XMC4xxx portfolio is a great fit for the application as it integrates all the features needed for off-board-charging. Here some key benefits:
- Platform concept to allow extensive customization
- Performance, efficiency and cost competitiveness
- Accurate analog-mixed signal peripherals
- Fast timer/PMW peripheral
Switched mode power supplies:
Power supply designs are subject to ever-increasing requirements. Some of them are fueled by customer demands or industry association guidelines (such as higher power density, communication, modularity or the 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standard). Semiconductor technology advances have allowed MCU manufacturers to develop a new class of MCUs, optimized for digital power conversion applications in terms of features and price point. This new market development his what motivates ever more power supply designers to use digital control for SMPS.
Some functionalities that makes XMC4000 suited to motor control application:
- Rich connectivity: 2x Can nodes, 4-channel serial COM unit (configurable to SPI, I²c, I²S, UART), USB FS.
- UP to 4X 12-bit ADC with a sample time of 70 ns ensure fast reaction times and tighter control loops.
- 4-channel 150 ps HRPWM timer (XMC4200/4400 series)
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.