XMC4500 combines Infineon's leading-edge peripheral set with an industry-standard ARM® Cortex® -M4 core resulting in a power pack for energy-efficient industrial applications.
XMC4500 controllers feature a configurable peripheral set that allow to tailor the device to specific application needs. To capitalize fully on this flexibility, Infineon offers an industry-proven development environment DAVE™ 3 that greatly eases SW development. DAVE™ 3 hosts a graphical user interface, low-level drivers, application libraries, an auto code generation engine and interfaces to generic or customer-selected development tools.
Summary of Features:
- 512 - 1024 KB Flash, 128-160 KB Ram
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 - 3.63V
- USIC 6ch [Quad SPI, SCI/UART, I²C, I²S, LIN]
- 2x PWM Timers (CCU8), 16-64Bit 8ch+ Dead-Time
- Â 3x CAN, 64 MO
- Peripherals Clock: 120 [MHZ]
- Core frequency: 120 [MHZ]
- 4x ΔΣ-Demodulator
- External Memory Interface (EBU)
- Package: LQFP144/LQFP100/LFBGA144
- Temperature range: -40°.......85°/125°
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC (/w IEEE 1588)
- Long-term availability with >15 years
- Free DAVE™ IDE and DAVE Apps
Off-board charging, where users can charge plug-in hybrids and pure electrical vehicles on personal garages and open parking lots, demands a optimized solution with high MCU switching frequency to stay efficient and cost competitive. Our XMC4xxx portfolio is a great fit for the application as it integrates all the features needed for off-board-charging. Here some key benefits:
- Platform concept to allow extensive customization
- Performance, efficiency and cost competitiveness
- Accurate analog-mixed signal peripherals
- Fast timer/PMW peripheral
Infineon provides a comprehensive portfolio to deliver the best efficiency and reliability for solar applications. Infineon's leading edge technology like Superjunction MOSFET, Trench + Field stop IGBT, Coreless transformer driver, etc, combined with rich experience and highest quality, ensured our No.1 position in solar application. Solar power conversion has three distinctive requirements:
- System cost down: Inverters manufacturers will continuously optimize the price per output power on system level.
- System efficiency: Efficiency is key for return of investment.
- Reliability: 5+years lifetime for string inverters and 25 years for micro inverter and optimizer.
Switched mode power supplies:
Power supply designs are subject to ever-increasing requirements. Some of them are fueled by customer demands or industry association guidelines (such as higher power density, communication, modularity or the 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standard). Semiconductor technology advances have allowed MCU manufacturers to develop a new class of MCUs, optimized for digital power conversion applications in terms of features and price point. This new market development his what motivates ever more power supply designers to use digital control for SMPS.
Some functionalities that makes XMC4000 suited to motor control application:
- Rich connectivity: 2x Can nodes, 4-channel serial COM unit (configurable to SPI, I²c, I²S, UART), USB FS.
- UP to 4X 12-bit ADC with a sample time of 70 ns ensure fast reaction times and tighter control loops.
- 4-channel 150 ps HRPWM timer (XMC4200/4400 series)
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.