XMC4400 combines Infineon's leading-edge peripheral set with an industry-standard Arm® Cortex®-M4. As one of its key features it offers a high-resolution PWM unit with a tiny resolution of 150ps. This unique peripheral makes it especially suitable for digital power conversion in applications like solar inverters as well as SMPS and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS). Other applications are motor controllers, sense&control and IO devices for factory automation and user interface systems (HMI). XMC4400 is supported by Infineon's integrated development platform DAVE™ 3, which makes convenient, fast and application-orientated software development possible.
Summary of Features:
- 256 - 512 KB Flash, 80 KB Ram
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 - 3.63V
- USIC 4ch [Quad SPI, SCI/UART, I²C, I²S, LIN]
- 2x PWM Timers (CCU8), 16-64Bit 8ch+ Dead-Time
- 2x CAN, 64 MO
- Peripherals Clock: 120 [MHZ]
- Core frequency: 120 [MHZ]
- 4x ΔΣ-Demodulator
- Industrial Connectivity
- Package: LQFP64/LQFP100
- Temperature range: -40°.....85°/125°
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC (/w IEEE 1588)
- Long-term availability with >15 years
- Free DAVE™ IDE and DAVE Apps
From toys and power tools, to industrial pumps and industrial automation systems, Infineon’s XMC™microcontrollers and other semiconductor products enable our customers to design the most innovative, efficient, reliable and energy-friendly motor control and drive systems. Infineon’s XMC™ microcontroller family is perfectly suited as a controller for various types of motors, such as Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM), Brushless DC Motors (BLDC), AC Induction Motors (ACIM), servo motors and brushed DC motors.
Infineon provides a comprehensive portfolio to deliver the best efficiency and reliability for solar applications. Infineon's leading edge technology like Superjunction MOSFET, Trench + Field stop IGBT, Coreless transformer driver, etc, combined with rich experience and highest quality, ensured our No.1 position in solar application. Solar power conversion has three distinctive requirements:
- System cost down: Inverters manufacturers will continuously optimize the price per output power on system level.
- System efficiency: Efficiency is key for return of investment.
- Reliability: 5+years lifetime for string inverters and 25 years for micro inverter and optimizer.
Switched mode power supplies:
Power supply designs are subject to ever-increasing requirements. Some of them are fueled by customer demands or industry association guidelines (such as higher power density, communication, modularity or the 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standard). Semiconductor technology advances have allowed MCU manufacturers to develop a new class of MCUs, optimized for digital power conversion applications in terms of features and price point. This new market development his what motivates ever more power supply designers to use digital control for SMPS.
Some functionalities that makes XMC4000 suited to motor control application:
- Rich connectivity: 2x Can nodes, 4-channel serial COM unit (configurable to SPI, I²c, I²S, UART), USB FS.
- UP to 4X 12-bit ADC with a sample time of 70 ns ensure fast reaction times and tighter control loops.
- 4-channel 150 ps HRPWM timer (XMC4200/4400 series)
|A/D Input Lines||9/18|
|Additional Features||USB HRPWM ; Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s|
|Clock Frequency max||120.0 MHz|
|Digital I/O Pins||41/75|
|External Bus Interface||no|
|Floating Point Unit||yes|
|I/O Operation Voltages||3.3 V|
|Instruction Set Architecture||Cortex®-M4|
|Instruction Width||32/16 ([bits])|
|On-chip Clock Generation||yes|
|On-chip Voltage Regulator||yes|
|Peripheral Control Processor||no|
|Power Mode||clock gating possible|
|Program Memory||256.0 kByte/512.0 kByte|
|Real Time Clock||yes|
|SRAM (incl. Cache)||80.0 kByte|
|Serial I/O Interfaces||4|
|Temperature||-40 to 85°C/125°C|
|Timed I/O Pins||32|
|Touch/LED Matrix Control||yes|
|Type of Memory||Flash|
|Type of Serial I/O Interfaces||UART I²C ; I²S ; SPI|