The XMC4100/4200 series belongs to the XMC4000 family of industrial microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M4 processor core. the XMC4100/4200 series of microcontrollers take advantage of Infineon's decades of experience in microcontroller design, providing an optimized solution to meet the performance challenges of today's embedded control applications. The XMC4100/4200 series devices combine the extended functionality and performance of the ARM Cortex-M4 core with powerful on-chip peripheral subsystems and on-chip memory units.
Summary of Features
- 64 KB Flash, 20 KB Ram
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 - 3.63V
- USIC 4ch [Quad SPI, SCI/UART, I²C, I²S, LIN]
- 1x PWM Timers (CCU8), 16-64Bit 8ch + Dead-Time
- 2x CAN, 64 MO
- Peripherals Clock: 80 [MHZ]
- Core frequency: 80 [MHZ]
- Motor Control Hall and Encoder Interface
- Industrial Connectivity
- Package: TQFP-64
- Temperature range: -40°… 125°
- High Resolution PWM 150ps
- Long Term Availability with >15 years
- Free DAVE™ IDE and DAVE Apps
From toys and power tools, to industrial pumps and industrial automation systems, Infineon’s XMC™ microcontrollers and other semiconductor products enable our customers to design the most innovative, efficient, reliable and energy-friendly motor control and drive systems. Infineon’s XMC™ microcontroller family is perfectly suited as a controller for various types of motors, such as Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM), Brushless DC Motors (BLDC), AC Induction Motors (ACIM), servo motors and brushed DC motors.
Switched mode power supplies:
Power supply designs are subject to ever-increasing requirements. Some of them are fueled by customer demands or industry association guidelines (such as higher power density, communication, modularity or the 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standard). Semiconductor technology advances have allowed MCU manufacturers to develop a new class of MCUs, optimized for digital power conversion applications in terms of features and price point. This new market development his what motivates ever more power supply designers to use digital control for SMPS.
Some functionalities that makes XMC4100/4200 suited to motor control application:
- Rich connectivity: 2x Can nodes, 4-channel serial COM unit (configurable to SPI, I²c, I²S, UART), USB FS.
- UP to 4X 12-bit ADC with a sample time of 70 ns ensure fast reaction times and tighter control loops.
- 4-channel 150 ps HRPWM timer (XMC4200/4400 series)