The TLE7259-2GE is a transceiver for the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) with integrated Wake-Up and protection features. It is designed for in-vehicle networks using data transmission rates from 2.4 kBaud to 20 kBaud. The TLE7259-2GE functions as a bus driver between the protocol controller and the physical bus inside the LIN network. Compliant to all LIN standards and with a wide operational supply range the TLE7259-2GE can be used in all automotive applications. Different operation modes and the INH output allow the TLE7259-2GE to control external components, like voltage regulators. In Sleep-mode the TLE7259-2GE draws less than 8 μA of quiescent current while still being able to wake up off of LIN bus traffic and a local Wake-Up input. The very low leakage current on the BUS pin makes the TLE7259-2GE especially suitable for partially supplied networks and supports the low quiescent current requirements of the LIN network. Based on the Infineon Smart Power Technology SPT®, the TLE7259-2GE provides excellent ESD Robustness together with a very high electromagnetic immunity (EMI). The TLE7259-2GE reaches a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a broad frequency range and independent from the battery voltage. The Infineon Smart Power Technology SPT® allows bipolar and CMOS control circuitry in accordance with DMOS power devices existing on the same monolithic circuit. The TLE7259-2GE and the Infineon SPT® technology are AEC qualified and tailored to withstand the harsh condition of the Automotive Environment.
Summary of Features:
- Single-wire transceiver, pin compatible to the TLE7259-2GU
- Transmission rate up to 20 kBaud
- Compliant to LIN specification 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1
- Very high ESD robustness, +/- 11 kV according to IEC61000-4-2
- Optimized for low electromagnetic emission (EME)
- Optimized for high immunity against electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Very low current consumption in sleep mode with Wake-Up functions
- Wake-Up source detection
- Very low leakage current on the BUS output
- Digital I/O levels compatible for 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V board net
- Bus short to VBAT protection and Bus short to GND handling
- Over temperature protection and Under voltage detection
- Flash mode
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Body and Convenience
- Safety Applications
- Small Electric Vehicles
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.