XENSIV(TM) – TLI4971 Shield2Go for industrial current sensor
Infineon has extended its portfolio of coreless current sensors with the new TLI4971. Our sensor relies on a Hall-based magnetic sensing principle with an integrated current rail offering smallest footprint resulting in an overall system size reduction. In addition a differential measurement principle makes the current sensor stray-field robust, furthermore an ultra- fast analog output path offers a bandwidth of up to 120kHz. Paired with 2 programmable overcurrent channels the current sensor is a perfect fit for industrial applications such as drives and inverters.
For evaluation purposes of the latest XENSIV™ current sensor TLI4971 we rely on our proven evaluation concept of Shield2Go and 2GO Kits – therefore the TLI4971 evaluation environment is also offered in those two configurations:
- TLI4971 MS2GO: 2GO Kit version
- TLI4971 S2GO: Shield2Go version
TLI4971 S2GO (Shield2Go) version consists of 3 main building blocks:
- Sensor board (top): Incorporating the TLI4971 industrial current sensor (equipped with M4 screw connectors for high current capabilities < 20A)
- Adapter board (Shield2Go format): The adapter board comes in the Shield2Go pinout and can be connected to the sensor board via the PCB edge connectors. It implements sensor application circuit & peripherals as well as pinout to the Infineon XMC 2Go (link to XMC 2Go ) MCU platform.
- Ziplock bag with: 2xM4 screws, 1 PCB edge connector (for connecting the sensor board to the adapter board in the Shield2Go formfactor), pin headers (male & female)
Two typical configurations for the TLI4971 Shield2Go version - offering full flexibility:
- Shield2Go configuration: Connecting the sensor board to the adapter board with PCB edge connectors. The pinout corresponds to the Infineon XMC 2Go (link XMC 2Go) MCU platform. Please note that the XMC 2Go is not provided in the package. The programming can be done in the Arduino IDE by selecting the XMC 2Go platform.
- Standalone sensor board: The sensor board (top) can also be used as a standalone in any customer application (e.g. interfaced with customer MCU platforms, interfaced with lab equipment etc).
The TLI4971 S2GO does not offer programmability features, but all programming features can be explored by RAM settings.
- 3-phase inverter
- Motor control