Motor drive evaluation board using PFD7 super junction MOSFET
The EVAL_FAN_XMC_PFD7 motor drive board does not only offer a sensorless synchronous rectification BLDC/PMSM control algorithm to reduce reverse-current hard-commutation stress but also gives the user the option to change switching frequency up to 20kHz and to choose between two-phase or three-phase modulation, which helps reduce switching losses.
Infineon's latest CoolMOS™ PFD7 super junction MOSFET series offers low on-resistance, as well as increased design flexibility while maintaining the industry’s fastest reverse recovery time (trr) optimized for HA motor drives. This enhances efficiency in hard-switching circuits, allowing BOM reduction and heatsink-free operation.
This board can be easily interfaced through XMC™ Link. XMC™ Link is an isolated debug probe for all XMC™ microcontrollers. The debug probe is based on SEGGER J-Link debug firmware, which enables use with DAVE™.
Important note: The XMC™ Link does not come with this evaluation board, and must be ordered separately.
Summary of Features
- Sensorless field orientated control (FOC)
- Best-in-class high voltage MOSFETs for hard commutation topology [B6 inverter]
- Low bill-of-material cost contributed by CoolMOS™ PFD7 and XMC™ algorithm
- Quasi-resonant CoolSET™ offers lower EMI and higher efficiency
- Graphical user interface (GUI) allowing ease-of-use
- Input voltage 90~265 VAC
- High efficiency
- Simplified design
- Near to productive solution