DEMO SENSE2GOL PULSE Getting started with the XENSIV™ 24GHz BGT24LTR11 radar sensor pulsed Doppler demo board, for motion, speed, and direction of movement detection
The Sense2GoL Pulse radar system is a demo platform for Infineon’s 24GHz BGT24LTR11 radar transceiver. The Sense2GoL Pulse consists of two boards – the microcontroller board with the XMC4700 (RADAR BB XMC4700) and a radar frontend board (BGT24LTR11 Shield), which features a 4x1 array antenna for the transmitter and receiver sections. It is shielded with a metal cover and absorber material to get the best RF performance.
The heart of the Sense2GoL Pulse module is the highly integrated BGT24LTR11 MMIC, which is a radar transceiver operating from 24.00 to 24.25 GHz.
The Sense2GoL Pulse is a low-power solution for motion, speed and direction of movement detection with 24 GHz radar.
Summary of Features
- Capability to detect motion, speed and direction of movement (approaching or retreating)
- Detection range of 18 m for human target at a power consumption < 5 mW.
- High sensitivity of detection in comparison to PIR
- Arduino compatible microcontroller board (Arduino standard connectors)
- Modulation parameters can be changed to suit the application requirements
- Multiple current sensors for current consumption monitoring and optimization
- Indoor and Outdoor lighting
- Smart home
- Automatic door opener
- Intelligent switches
- Speed measurement