EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement (BCR) PLUS evaluation kit CY4534
The CY4534 EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement Plus (BCR-Plus) EVK is an evaluation platform for customers who want to replace an existing barrel/power input connector with a USB-C connector. Implementing this solution in an end-product allows the system to be powered by any USB-C compliant power adapter.
A device such as a speaker, shaver, power tool, modem, etc. that use a barrel connector for power will benefit from using a universal power interface such as USB Type-C. To make the transition easier, the EZ-PD™ BCR-PLUS EVK CY4534 provides a USB Type-C receptacle to consume power from a charger and then supply it over a terminal block. A barrel connector can be attached to this block by using wires to convert a barrel input to USB Type-C.
The CY4534 EZ-PD™ BCR-PLUS evaluation kit ships with pre-programmed firmware with functionality as documented in the CYPD3176 device datasheet. As an additional option, customers who prefer further customization of the BCR-PLUS firmware solution can make changes to the configuration parameters using the EZ-PD™ configuration utility to fit the needs of their end-application.
Summary of Features
- Supports USB Type-C and power delivery 3.0 programmable power supply
- Supports 2.4 A charging
- UFP-only with configurable RD and RD-DB
- Integrated analog blocks
- 30 V-tolerant regulator
- VBUS-to-CC short protection
- On-chip overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Packages: 24-pin QFN
- Supports extended industrial temperature range (-40°C to +105°C)
- Replacement of barrel connectors
- USB Type-C and power delivery 3.0 programmable power supply
- SINK OCP
List of Components
- EZ-PD™ BCR - USB Type-C Port Controller
- 13V Clamp 3.5 A (8/20µs) Ipp TVs Diode Surface Mount WLL-2-3
- Silicon Schottky Diode 10 V 3 A SOD323-2
- MOSFET 2P-CH 30V 9.2 A 8SOIC
- MOSFET 2P-CH 30V 2 A 6TSOP
- EZ-USB™ Serial Bridge Controller 24QFN