EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement (BCR) evaluation kit CY4533
The EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement (BCR) kit CY4533 is an evaluation platform for customers who want to replace an existing barrel/power input connector with a USB-C connector. Implementing this solution in an end-product allows the system to be powered by any USB-C-compliant power adapter.
The EZ-PD™ BCR CYPD3177 device (and hence the EZ-PD™ BCR EVK CY4533) can be used for USB-C sink or devices that are only capable of accepting power from the following:
- USB Type-C only chargers that are capable of delivering 5 V (up to 3 A) or;
- USB Type-C chargers with USB-PD that can operate at 5 V, 9 V, 12 V, 15 V or 20 V.
The EZ-PD™ BCR EVK CY4533 ships with pre-programmed firmware with functionality as documented in the CYPD3177 device datasheet.
The CYPD3177 device support the USB-PD (Power Delivery) protocol.
Summary of Features
- Supports USB Type-C and USB-PD
- UFP-only with configurable RD and RD-DB
- Integrated analog blocks
- 30 V-tolerant regulator
- VBUS-to-CC short protection
- On-chip overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Packages: 24-pin QFN
- Supports extended industrial temperature range (-40 °C to +105 °C)
- Barrel Connector Replacement
- USB Type-C
List of components