Lite System Basis Chips (SBC) Family
Lite System Basis Chip family supports CAN Flexible Data-Rate (FD) and Partial Networking (PN)
Infineon’s Lite System Basis Chip (SBC) family offers high integration and high performance with optimized system cost for various automotive applications. The Lite SBCs family offers two variants: Lite LDO SBC with a low-dropout voltage regulator of 150mA and the Lite DC-DC SBC with a DC-DC buck converter up to 500mA. Both variants are available as 5V or 3.3V output voltage option for microcontrollers, network transceivers, sensors and other peripherals’ power supply.
They feature an auxiliary 5V integrated low-drop voltage regulator with up to 100mA. The communication interface incorporates one CAN transceiver with Flexible Data-Rate performance up to 5Mbit/s according to ISO 11898-2:2016 (including Partial Networking option). The devices include diagnostic and supervision features, supporting ECU functional safety concepts like under-voltage monitoring, window watchdog with reset, fail-safe operating mode and fail-safe outputs.
The entire Lite SBC family is hardware compatible, and is also software compatible with the Mid-Range+, DC-DC and Multi-CAN Power SBC families (TLE926x & TLE927x). All Infineon SBCs are qualified according to AEC-Q100 and are designed to withstand the severe conditions of automotive applications.
LDO Variant (TLE9461): 5V/3.3V Linear Voltage Regulator up to 150mA
DCDC Variant (TLE9471): 5V/3.3V Buck converter up to 500mA
- 5V Linear Voltage Regulator up to 100mA (Vcc2)
- CAN FD up to 5Mbps (acc. to ISO 11898-2:2016), CAN PN and FD Tolerant (“-3” variants)
- 1x HV Wake input, Watchdog, Reset, Interrupt, Fail Output
- Charge Pump Output for Load Switch / Reverse Current Protection
- Alternative Functions for Fail Output: Wake, Low-Side or High-Side Switch (up to 45mA)
- Low-Power Modes with full wake capability
- In-Cabin Wireless Charger
- Auto Transmission
- Transfer Case
- Exhaust module and NOx sensor
- Steering column and steering lock
- Seat control module
- Seat belt pretension
- Closure (power lift gate, sliding door, etc.)
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Gear shifter and selectors
- Light Control Unit (LCU) for front, and rear
- Smart Power Distribution modules
- Fuel and water pump
- Reduced system cost through low component count and small PCB footprint
- Effective external load switch control through its integrated charge pump that can drive an external N-FET
- Extends battery life with very low quiescent current modes
- Enables design flexibility and reduces software design effort by shared state machine and SPI access within the entire Lite SBC family
- Meets major car OEM requirements with excellent EMC and ESD performance
- Safely supply off-board loads (e.g., sensors) with short circuit protected low-drop voltage regulators
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the SBC ConfigWizard. Also other software for System Basis Chips as well as other Infineon devices can be found in the Infineon Toolbox
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon’s System Basis Chips are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-D such as but not limited to Gear Shifters (ASIL-B), Electric Parking Brake (ASIL-C), ADAS Domain Control (ASIL-D) or Chassis Domain Control (ASIL-D).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its automotive System Basis Chips (SBC):
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.