Gain market and technology advantage for your application with Infineon’s high performance turnkey presence detection solution
Infineon’s radar presence detection solution enables your application to detect human presence within a configured distance. Anything within a Smart Home and a Smart Building, from screens & displays, lighting to security devices can “see” that someone is close enough and can trigger an action. Powered by our XENSIV™ 60 GHz radar with its sophisticated radar presence detection embedded software, this solution provides extremely high accuracy in detecting both micro and macro motions.
Infineon’s radar presence detection solution is highly sensitive and senses micro and macro motion movements, within a range of max. 5 meters. It offers unique benefits over conventional technologies deployed to detect human presence, such as laser, but also newer ones like ultra-sonic or PIR passive infrared. Infineon presence detection reacts to human breathing (even if people are not moving). The ability to detect these micro-movements makes it perfect for intuitive user interaction with devices. It means that users no longer have to wave in front of sensors to make sure that your application reacts to customer’s needs.
Infineon’s solution is robust and can be used also outdoors. However, a wider detection range might be required for some outdoor applications. If you need a wider range, check out Infineon’s 24 GHz industrial radar solutions.
The presence detection solution, based on XENSIV™ 60 GHz Radar chip, brings the following features and benefits to your application:
|Features of Infineon Presence Detection Solution||Benefits for your application and its design|
|Dynamic distance configuration||Individual detection range’s configuration|
Micro motion detection (up to 5 meters)
Macro motion detection (up to 10 meters)
|Reliable presence detection even when the person is standing or sitting still long|
Small size 15 mm x 20 mm
|Perfect fit into small PCB-layouts|
|Wide field of view:
Vertical +/- 40°
Horizontal +/- 45°
|Suitable for a variety of applications|
Ready-to-use Form-Factor board with embedded softwarePre-certified according to FCC and SRRC standard
|Faster go-to-market time|
|No video recording needed||Complete privacy for your customers|
|Robustness||Performance not affected by dust, smoke or temperature|
|Concealed integration||Can be covered by most materials and be built-in in your application|
60 GHz Radar Presence Detection
60 GHz Radar Presence Detection evaluation solution is a convenient way to get started with presence detection. With an easy configuration tool, you can configure range and sensitivity. The evaluation kit consists of a form factor board (a ready-to-go 60 GHz radar presence detection module) and an I/O board.
The evaluation solution ensures that your final product is well tested and evaluated by you. With its micro USB port, the Form Factor Board is simple to configure and gives the possibility to change various parameters like Standard- and Expert mode.
- Ready to evaluate- Pre-flashed with presence detection firmware for out of the box evaluation experience
- Interfaces -Easy interface to the PC using USB
- Small size - for easy evaluation
- Easy Configuration – GUI based configuration tool for range, sensitivity modification
Form Factor Board – a ready to go product
Infineon’s radar presence detection Form Factor Board enables the detection of human presence within a configurable range. Micro-movement detection like typing in front of a Notebook and Macro-movement detection like walking inside a room can be detected.
Our presence solution is certifiable for FCC certification. A key benefit is the small size of 2.0 x 1.5 cm which guarantees an easy integration.
- Esthetic Design: Radar can be placed in a case for a better look
- Configurable motion Detection Range: Macro up to 10m and micro-motion range up to 5m
- Radar Orientation: Azimuth: ± 45°, Elevation: ± 40°
- Hardware Interfaces: USB, SPI/I2C, UART and GPIO
- Easy Configuration: Hardware Interfaces offer an easy way to change various parameters (Range, Sensitivity, etc.)
- Small Size: The FF Board is only 2.0 x 1.5 cm large
- FCC Compliant: The Presence solution with 60 GHz radar is compliant with FCC regulations
- Privacy Compliant: General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are fulfilled by the Radar solution